Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hey crew.  Swimming is started to help with my funk.  Got a 2 week guest pass to a gym and am taking advantage of swimming for free for a little while.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Cheryl, glad you found something that you like.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

I don't have much of a choice, Van.  At least swimming is also distance so I can get that lungs in sync with my body feeling.  6 weeks today, still can't turn my foot in at all.  Water resistance is too much so I swim with my arms only.  At least it's something.

How did you hurt it again?

Sprained my foot/ankle and most likely tore the ligament a little.  PT says ligaments take longer to heal than fractures.  It's for sure been stretched too far but both the PT and my doc think there is at least a bit of tearing.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. Work has been busy this weekend.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Hi!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm at work today, boo.  But only to do some exercise with 3 people who didn't exercise at least six days this last week.  One done, the other two are in bed and not dressed.  Will have to check back after lunch.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cheryl sprains take forever.  Sometimes it would be better to have just broken it......then you'd have been casted and had that healing time.  Sorry you have to deal with it.

I'm done with my 23.7 miles and also have done some computer stuff. Need to go back downstairs now.

Our microwave broke and the new one won't go in until next week.  Funny how you get used to having a microwave but that you can still remember how to make oatmeal on the stove or boil water on the stove!!! Smile

Marjorie

Hey crew.

Marjorie, it's funny how we take some of things for granted sometimes, like a microwave, and then when we don't have it, we realize how easy we really do have some things in life.  Good luck!

Cheryl, injuries suck, but you will get through it.

Yo Damaris, Doug, Mike, Pam, and NC.

Empty nester syndrome commencing here.  Just me and the wife for the next two weeks.  Like it was in the beginning... Ha.  There will be lots of running in my future.  Not to avoid the wife, but I've got to get serious about logging some consistent high miles.

Crew_Dawg

Crew dawg checking in.  I should consider changing my name to missileer Big grin

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Neil, hey stranger!  Yes, you aren't a crew chief anymore, your screen name is now invalid.

Crew_Dawg

It would almost be turning my back on my brothers, dont think i could do it.  Plus i still wear the badge on my uniform

Hard to give up the past sometimes.

Crew_Dawg

So i did my longest run today since christmas break.  Its not easy getting back to my own expectations