Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  That's expensive.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Doug, glasses/contacts are a necessary expense.  Kind of like brakes on your car.

Off to a slow start here today.  Just tired today.  Blah.  Back to work on the day shift, starting a 6 day stretch, right on through the Easter wekeend. Shiftwork sucks. I'm running with my trail group tonight.  We are doing a nighttime run, rented a cabin out at one of the State Parks, going to have a big bonfire, and a bunch of folks are going to run through the night.  They've got a 50 mile trail race coming up in 3 weeks that starts at midnight, so they all wanted one last training run that will mimic their running conditions. I'm only doing 8 miles though.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Against my better judgement, I just signed up for a 50m trail race in the middle of the summer.  Wait. What have I just done?  Joking

Docket_Rocket

Is it Key West?  Because that's Summer!  everything else is not.... Joking

Against my better judgement, I just signed up for a 50m trail race in the middle of the summer.  Wait. What have I just done?  Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I bet Key West is flat though, but humid and hot!   This one is up in South Dakota in the Black Hills at about 5000' with some decent elevation gain, August 24th, Lean Horse 100/50.

Docket_Rocket

They have a marathon there, right?  Maybe not in May but I've seen it.  One day we'll head up there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

They have the Mickelson Trail Marathon first weekend in June.  Then this race, Lean Horse, which has 50k/50m/100m options at the end of August.  And then a Crazy Horse Marathon in October. All are on portions of the Mickelson Rail Trail, so it's easy running on crushed limestone, just at elevation.  It's also a great chance to see Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, etc. I did the Mickelson Marathon last year, it was an awesome race.

Docket_Rocket

Crazy Horse, that was it.  Can you see Mt. Rushmore from that park?  I know it's somewhat close but I wonder.  They used to have a Mt. Rushmore Marathon too but they stopped in 2008 or somewhere around there.  Yes, I researched for a race in SD.  DH is not convinced yet.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You cannot see Mount Rushmore from Crazy Horse, although they are nearby to each other.  It really is a beautiful area to visit, not just for Mt. Rushmore, but for the Black Hills in general.  Early October, the trees have changed color, the crowds are gone, and it's getting cooler, and they can even have some snow.

Docket_Rocket

It really looked good.  Too bad I'm already doing Chicago and MCM that month.  Maybe 2014.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

What others would you recommend?  I need places where my husband would like to visit.  He sure does not want to go to SD but he wants to see Mt. Rushmore....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I think seeing and experiencing Mount Rushmore is worth the trip.

In other news, it's almost beer:30 again!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Busy day. More dad drama.  But got new iPad. I'm excited.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Marjorie - Boooo to drama. Yay for new iPad!!

The entire Black Hills area is worth the trip.  If I remember right, there's Leading Ladies Mararthon in July.  Net downhill, women only, rose at the finish......

Relentless forward progress