Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie, is it new stuff?

PS, van, I sound pissed but I am not, haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

With dad?  Yes. Kind of. Extension of the similar stuff and more whining on his side.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Ultras are about completing the distance, not about time.  Love ya girl, but suck it up butercup!

Docket_Rocket

There is no sucking it up when you cannot breathe.  I am not going to kill myself in the process.  Breathing today is down to 45%....

Ultras are about completing the distance, not about time.  Love ya girl, but suck it up butercup!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Maybe its time you cut back on distance and quit signing up for races until you get this figured out and under control.

Cut back ad rebuild within the limits of your stamina and breathing.

Yo.

Marjorie, not much you can do but keep muddling through.  Best of luck.

Did muh 5 miles.  Made dinner.  Did 1 recovery.  Heading back out.  Trying to simulate race conditions by just keep moving, getting back out there.  That's what last night was about.  Just keep swimming.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

That's what I did last year.  Lowering mileage does not help (does not make it worse or better).  Adding speedwork does make it worse (and I think that's it because I've been doing speedwork during the last month).  I'll go back to easy running and see.

Which is why I've quit all short races for now.

Stupid computer keeps refreshing so my post gets unfinished.  I'll lower my mileage if the lack of speedwork does not improve the asthma.  It is high allergy season too which makes everything yucky.  And thanks to trixie being in the hospital I missed my allergy shot for two weeks, which also made it worse.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

muh 5?  Hope the next one feels better.

Yo.

Marjorie, not much you can do but keep muddling through.  Best of luck.

Did muh 5 miles.  Made dinner.  Did 1 recovery.  Heading back out.  Trying to simulate race conditions by just keep moving, getting back out there.  That's what last night was about.  Just keep swimming.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Today, we went to see GI Joe 2.  It was not bad.  And compared to the first one, it was much better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Hey crew, my messages consist of "I'm busy" or "I'm injured".   I am happy to report neither today!  I ran a 9.2 without much pain pain and my miles are the highest of the year (minus a fluke week in Jan).

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

I haven't seen GI Joe I.  I don't see many movies.

Good news Neil.  Sounds like you're getting over the hump.

Crew_Dawg

My "hump" is huge but I am swallowing my pride and just being happy with what I get for now.

Crew_Dawg

OMG that sounds terrible

Neil's hump is HUGE!

Crew_Dawg

LOL!

I am a beginner with karma in the BF again!  WTF!!