Beginners and Beyond

Dallas NFL Run Series 5k RR (Read 48 times)

PADRunner

I ran the Dallas NFL Run Series this morning,

Someone told me about it but I forgot an saw it yesterday and after running into Rangers Ballpark last week I thought it might be fun. The two stadiums are a couple of blocks from each other.

I think I'll follow Scotys lead less words more pics. Mine aren't as good as his.

I got there about 6:30 for the 7:30 start. An early start but still 82 & 66%.

They actually had corrals and staggered starts for a 5k. (1033 finishers).

Big screen of runners coming out of the tunnel and crossing the finish.

The shirt & medal were pretty cool.

The details: I wasn't sure how I would do after yesterdays run but I came close to a PR. Middle of the pack as usual though.

Time:33:21

Overall:475 out of 1033

Division(50-54):25 out of 48

This wasn't my first time on the field of the stadium. Some of you may have seen me. Smile

Super Bowl XLV

But probably not.

delicate flower

That's really cool!  Isn't Jerry's House big enough though to actually run the entire 3.1 miles inside the facility?

<3

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Nice job!  I've never run into one of these professional stadiums, but it looks fun.  At the end of the month I'm running into Miller Park in Milwaukee.  Your RR has gotten me even more excited about that.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

PADRunner

That's really cool!  Isn't Jerry's House big enough though to actually run the entire 3.1 miles inside the facility?

Easily, I'm sure. Would have been nice to do it with AC the whole time but just finishing it it was good enough. Glad he turned on the AC for us. We were joking that he'll probably have the video tape of the finish for sale tomorrow.

hog4life

PAD, that is a great place to finish a run. Congrats! You were working when on the field the other time right? I was probably watching, but it went to those high dollar fancy commercials while you were doing that.

Oh, I'm in the same AG as you, and I usually finish middle of the pack on larger races. Think of it like this, it's way better than most folks our age.

PADRunner

PAD, that is a great place to finish a run. Congrats! You were working when on the field the other time right? I was probably watching, but it went to those high dollar fancy commercials while you were doing that.

Oh, I'm in the same AG as you, and I usually finish middle of the pack on larger races. Think of it like this, it's way better than most folks our age.

Yea, it doesn't really bother me I'm just glad to finish. For some reason the 50-54 group seems to be one of the biggest groups.

There was a shot of our cart going by behind the announcers for a couple of seconds but you couldn't see anything. It was a lot of fun though.

hog4life

Yea, it doesn't really bother me I'm just glad to finish. For some reason the 50-54 group seems to be one of the biggest groups.

There was a shot of our cart going by behind the announcers for a couple of seconds but you couldn't see anything. It was a lot of fun though.

Here in Alabama, this is also one of the fastest age groups. Sometimes I can get an AG award if all the fast guys stay home. Me and Awood are think about doing the Kentucky Derby half, and we get to run into the horse track! Sure hope they clean all the poo before our run.

PADRunner

Here in Alabama, this is also one of the fastest age groups. Sometimes I can get an AG award if all the fast guys stay home. Me and Awood are think about doing the Kentucky Derby half, and we get to run into the horse track! Sure hope they clean all the poo before our run.

I always say for me to place in my AG they all have to stay home. I actually placed on the first 5k this year 2 0f 2. Smile I left early and didn't know it. Careful running on the tracks, they are clean but they can be difficult to run on. Like a beach. I work at Lone Star Park.

Nice job, PAD.

How about them Cowboys? Tongue

Docket_Rocket

Nice job! Great RR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gross!!!! I mean good job.

....and Go Giants Big grin

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

PADRunner

Gross!!!! I mean good job.

....and Go Giants Big grin

Like my running, not pretty but I'll take it.

LRB

Curious what the charge is for an event that doles out a nifty looking medal like that, and how much of that goes to Tony Romo!

Though the idea sounds great, running into stadiums cannot be both deceiving and tricky.  Take Comerica Park for instance, it seemed as if it took forever to run around the stadium, and the ramp down onto the field was a quad shredder!

Good stuff!

happylily

What great fun it must have been! Congratulations, and thanks for the RR and pictures!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I need to do this one next year and wear my Redskins shirt. Big grin

Nice report and nice photos!  Congrats on your 5K!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt