Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Penguins Sunday (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Just finished our Sunday LR, 10@10:20.    Foonkle is still sore at 8 miles.  Guess I'll have to keep stretching and rolling the peroneal tendon. Bikers were a pain today.  They all ride side by side at 20 mph just chatting away hugging the center line.  

DD1 leaving today to meet up with DD2 in Barcelona.  Both should be back in about a week, unless DD2 detours to Australia.

Hope the Sunday racers did great.   And hope Margo beats my 2:24 in her debut.

Docket_Rocket

Boo at the drop.  I wonder if she got injured before the 10K mark or had to stop for some reason.

Yikes, I just tracked somebody I know who is in my running club who is running the Eugene (full) marathon today.  She got a 1:33 for the half two weeks ago.  Today she started Eugene at 7 AM, two hours ago our time.  She crossed the 5K mark at 20:57, and then the 10K mark at 54:51(!), and hasn't crossed the half mat yet!  I'm hoping it was just bad tech on the 10K mat and that everything is going well for her!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Quick check in...ran my maiden HM today. Finished in 2:26:24, which beat my soft goal of 2:30 but couldn't make my stretch of 2:20.

Feeling a little stiff, but happy. RR to follow at some point.

Docket_Rocket

Good job!

Quick check in...ran my maiden HM today. Finished in 2:26:24, which beat my soft goal of 2:30 but couldn't make my stretch of 2:20.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Margo.  Nice to get the first HM done.  We can both shoot for 2:20 next time.

Zelanie

Nice job, Margo!  Finishing right between "soft" and "stretch" means that you were just about perfect, I'd say!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I ran a 1:40:33!! I am over the moon! It was a four minute pr on a brutal course! Yeah, baby!!!  DW ran a 1:56 in her debut.

Bin: the headband rocks!!!!!

Phillie: great job getting your goal Smile

hog4life

Margo, congrats! I knew you were going to beat that 2:30.

Jack, congrats to you too! And DW! I can't believe you run a time like that on such a tough course!

Scotty, congrats! You are such a machine when it comes to running.

Its been pouring rain all morning and afternoon here, good day to stay on the couch and read RR's.

SheCan

G'afternoon Penguin friends!

Bin- great job getting those miles in even inside! My mind starts spinning whenever I even attempt to count laps.

Jack-- Holy moley! You and your wife are so fast! Congratulations, that's fabulous!
                    No, I KNOW I couldn't run a marathon with you speedy pants! LOL, but I'd still like to meet you if you ever run the Tucson one.

N-bug-- awesome trail, nice to see firm ground!

Margo--- CONGRATULATIONS! How are you feeling now? Hope your 1st HM was a wonderful experience.

I took today off. Was feeling a bit sore. Here's a pic from the race, plus my new profile pic is from yesterday also:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm so behind on the forum... so many RRs to read! Congrats weekend racers. I just got back from Connecticut from the wedding. Had a good time. We were having a few drinks at the hotel bar after they reception had ended, and ran into Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. Awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Holy cow Jack, on that course, too!  Nice going, and congrats to DW!

It looks like my friend did indeed finish and I think BQ, but the timing is all messed up.  Hopefully they get it sorted out.

Mmmmm...beer

Good job PF! Smile I'm with Zel, sounds like you nailed it perfectly!

Wow Jack, way to go!! You killed it! To be able to PR on that crazy course is awesome! Congrats to your wife too, that's a great debut!

Zel, I didn't intend to take the day off, but that's how it's looking.  Did yard work all day and was planning to run this evening, but my youngest is sick and wanted me to watch Brave with him, so we're on the couch.  But its ok, I'll take this over a run any day. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Dave - you have the right priorities. The run will wait.

Margo - congratulations on breaking 2:30.  I look forward to reading the RR.

Jack - you and your wife both made terrific time on that difficult course.

Bin - I would go bonkers going around and around for 12 miles.  OTOH, you'd probably go bonkers doing the same on a TM, which wouldn't bother me all that much.

Zelanie - I hope the yard looks beautiful.  How's the knee?

Jerry - hope the ankle gets better soon.  I hope the long run didn't hurt it more.

Mitch - definitely a good day to stay inside.

Vance - glad your snow is gone, but I hate walking on wet wood, much less running on it.

Damaris - how do you like the new shoes?

Tomas - glad your run felt fast.

Jeff - hope you enjoyed your run.

AFM:  our weekend camping with the family at Elk Neck SP in MD went well, but it was exhausting.  Not the camping, but getting there was a nightmare through Baltimore traffic, and though our trip home was on back roads and fairly scenic, it still took 4 hours.  I did manage a 5 mile run through the campground yesterday since I needed some quiet time to myself.  I did enjoy a short hike with the kids and dogs, but they were ready to cut it short so we did.

Bin Running

Margo, Good job on the 1st HM...

Jack, You rocked the HM! Now, everyone is going to want to get a headband.. haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Abt the 1/2 mile track.. I used it a lot cos it is just below my block.. Smile

Running in penguin pace (10mpm) made counting easy.. basically, 10 mins for 2 rounds.. If I need to count them using conventional method, I would probably not last past 4.. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar