Beginners and Beyond

Facepalm SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

So I am sitting here forever on the internet while drinking coffee (my usual pre-run ritual). Finally, it's time to get dressed so I check the weather channel to see how warm it is and it shows a rain cloud the size of Montana over my house!

So I go outside and yep, it's raining like a mofo out there!

Little Blue

Good morning!  We had heavy thunderstorms overnight, and more predicted today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I'll bag it today.

You know you're a slave to technology when you check the weather online, rather than look out the window.

cjones1

5k last night. It didn't start until 11pm, so I didn't get home and get to bed until almost 2.  I will not be running today.  Garmin says 21:28. Official results aren't up yet.  There were two turnarounds on the course so I was able to keep track of where I was.  I think I finished 6th overall.  They had computer problems so they will be announcing AG awards on facebook.  Pretty pleased that I could run less than 20 seconds off my PR in the first 5k of the year in this heat and humidity.  I'm excited about this fall. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't think I am going to make a separate post about last night's race since it was just a 10k though a very interesting 10k due to the rain and the mud.

Results

I will say that there was a lot of mud, A FREAKING LOT and some portions of the trail were pretty much creeks and streams so I tried not to focus on speed and instead on not falling on my ass or face  Around mile 4 I caught up to eventual 2nd place woman and thought I'd get passed her and move on, but she stayed right with me. I come to find out that she was only going slow because her flashlight was almost dead and with me in front of her she could see  not the greatest feeling when you're trying to push hard/not bust your ass/ or break something and your opponent is right on your heels AND you can see their shadow due to the person behind them.

Around mile 5.7 she finally passed me as we got closer to the finish and I heard her mention she had ran the Bound the Mounds half in March in like 1-2 feet snow and ice out there on the trails and wasn't even trying to race right now 

I'm pretty sure she finished about 2 minutes ahead of me, but I'm okay with it and with the results considering the conditions Smile

This morning I head to the gym for Back Day.

V-Bar Pull Down: 6 sets / 12 reps / 60 lbs
          Cable Chest Pulls: 45lbsX15reps / 5 sets / 15 reps / 50 lbs
          One Arm Dumbbell Row: 35lbsX15reps, 45lbsX8reps, 35lbsX15reps, 45lbsX8reps, 35lbsX15reps, 45lbsX10reps
          Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
          Seated Cable Row: 3 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs, 3 sets / 8 reps / 80 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have no mojo to run but will attempt 9 on the TM.

LRB, running in the rain is great!

Nice job, Andrea, cjones!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

11 pm  holy crap cjones, and I thought I was getting home late at 10 lol. Great job!!

Thanks D!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

LRB, running in the rain is great!

Yeah, if you don't overdress for it.

Cyberic

Congrats cjones and FS.

LRB, you'd need to find a way to run on Internet, then all'd be good.

About 9 for the day and 35 for the week. All things considered, it's not so bad. Now time to get the counter back in the high 50s - low 60s.

Ric-G

10 miles this morning....great job cjones and fs...

have no clue or plans for today - maybe that's a good thing...anyway, have a great saturday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Good morning!  We had heavy thunderstorms overnight, and more predicted today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I'll bag it today.

You know you're a slave to technology when you check the weather online, rather than look out the window.

lol

Let me fix that up for you....

LRB

Better.

LRB

LRB, you'd need to find a way to run on Internet, then all'd be good.

I wish.

Nice job Ric, CJ & FS.

Cyberic

Funny how I was depressed when I couldn't run, and 7-10 days later, now that I'm actually going to resume MRT, I wish I didn't have to.

12 weeks to go!

Nice job cjones! I saw an upcoming race around here starting at midnight, and I said NFW.

Nice job FS!

9 miles. LRB will comment that I had to make up for the mile I missed yesterday.

I still don't know which race I'm doing tomorrow, if either. 

Dave

Funny how I was depressed when I couldn't run, and 7-10 days later, now that I'm actually going to resume MRT, I wish I didn't have to.

12 weeks to go!

We are all stupid.

Dave