Beginners and Beyond

2014in2014 Mileage Game Registration Thread (Read 128 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!  NOV 3RD THRU DEC 15TH IS THE OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD FOR THE 2014in2014 CLUB

Calling all Forumites! The 2014in2014 Club is now looking for new members. 

Do you have a mileage goal for next year? Have you fallen short of previous goals or not been able to string together a full year of consistent running? Looking to outpace your efforts from 2013 or even shoot for the stars with 2014 miles in 2014? Then this is the group for you!

The 2014in2014 Club is a group of runners looking to achieve a mileage goal for the coming year. If you've had trouble reaching mileage targets in the past or need a little extra push to get you where you would like to be this club can help! This is the sixth year running (pardon the pun) and it has become an institution of sorts in the Beginners Forum. With fellow members supporting them, many runners revised their lower mileage goals and reached goals that they never would have dreamed of.

Additionally, the 2014in2014 Club has a team competition ("Head2Head") with members randomly assigned to teams with approximately equal balance (members & goal miles).  The idea here is to encourage timely participation with a friendly, competitive aspect to the Club.  Our experience is that smaller groups organized as teams are very helpful in encouraging members to stick to their goals.

This club requires a year-long commitment. New runners are not added during the year and members who do not meet the posting requirements will be dropped until the following year. Make sure you are willing and able to stay in contact with me and your teammates and that you post your weekly miles in a timely manner!

All persons - including those currently in the 2013in2013 Club - will need to register for next year. You may submit your registration by posting in this thread only.

Read the 2014 FAQ thread if you have questions

If you would like to join, reply to this thread with the following information:
    (1) Your RunnersWorld forum Username
    (2) Your goal for 2014 (in miles, please). (This does not have to be 2014 miles! )
    (3) Preference to join a Team or be an Individual member ("Team" or "Individual") (See note below)
    (3) A contact e-mail address (See note below)

Here is an example:
    Beavis_N_Butthead
    Team
    testemail@server.com  (or "Will PM email")

2014 Mileage Goal: Here are a few benchmarks to help you calculate your goal:
    500 miles = 9.6 miles per week (mpw)
    750 miles = 14.4 mpw
    1000 mile s= 19.2 mpw

1200 miles = 23.1 mpw
    2014 kilometers (1251.71 miles) = 38.73 Kmpw or 24.1 mpw
    1500 miles = 28.85 mpw
    2014 miles = 38.73 mpw

2500 miles = 48.08 mpw

3000 miles = 57.70 mpw

New Rules:  If you are registering for the first time AND wish to be on a team, you may enter a goal of no more than 1200 miles (23.1 mpw) without approval from me.  If you do want a higher goal, I will ask you to substantiate your request with current mileage data, race results, etc.

Additionally, new RWOL or RA  members (i.e., with less than 25 posts) who register will be allowed to participate as Individual members initially, but may be allowed to join teams later if vacancies occur. 

The reason for the above rules is to minimize the impact on teams of persons who make unrealistically-high goals without the ability, planning, or desire to reach them.

You will be allowed to change your goal one time Between January 1 and June 30, 2014. The idea here is to think forward and set a realistic annual goal. If you've got races that require buildup/taper/recovery such as marathon(s), you should take that into consideration.  Also, you may modify this goal any time before January 1st; just PM me.

Club membership preference If you want to join one of the teams, type "Team" in the third line of your post. If you would rather be an individual member, type "Individual" in the third line of your post.  Individual members may be offered a position on a team should a vacancy arise (at the discretion of the Admin and team captain).

New Rule: If you were dropped from the 2013in2013 Club for non-posting or were removed from a team for excessive late posts you will not be allowed to join a team this year unless a vacancy occurs (again, at the discretion of the Admin and team captain).

E-mail: This is optional and is a convenience for the admin team if we need to contact you. I highly recommend that if you want to submit your email address, you send it to me via PM and NOT as a post in this thread (to avoid bots that may pick up your address here). If you are a returning member and have already sent me your email, you do not need to add anything here, unless you have an updated email. 

New for 2014.  The Admin team will share your email with your team captain to help facilitate running the club.  We will share ONLY with your team captain and not all the other team captains.  We know that everyone does not always come on RWOL all the time and not all participate in the team FaceBook pages.  There will be a 2014in2014 FB group thread as well.  This is being done to help team captains manage their teams and help them manage the game with late, missing, or posting reminders. 

What do you get with your membership?
    * Weekly reminders to post your mileage.
    * Weekly updates posted on RWOL with stats such as; weekly average needed to reach your goal, average weekly mileage, miles remaining, etc.
    * Weekly awards in several categories; running streaks, consistency, debt recovery, etc
    * An enthusiastic and supportive group of runners to help you reach your goals
    * Several contests throughout the year with prize giveaways (ex. RoadID or running retailers gift certificates)!!!

What do we ask from you?
    * Timely posting each week of your mileage in the RW Beginner Forums. Members who fail to post for three weeks will be removed from the Club.  With email, RWOL PM system, FaceBook, text capable phones; THERE ARE PLENTY OF RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO GET POSTED.

* Advanced notice (PM to me or your team captain) if you will be on an extended vacation, leave of absence, or need to be placed on Injured Reserve (IR).
    * That's it!!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or any of our current members. Have a Great 2014!!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Additional note for this.  The host location has not been determined yet for the 2014 game.  Depends on software limitations for both platforms.  We know it runs well for the RWOL software, not sure how the data grab excel macro will work on RA.

I'm in.

(1) granite_running
        (2) 1,014
        (3) Team
        (3) will pm

Thanks!

lagrandegazelle

1:lagrandegazelle

2: 2500

3: team

4: on file

Zelanie

Zelanie

Team

E-mail on file

Bin Running

Bin running

Team

will pm.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin10185

2014 kilometers (I am new to the game but would like permission for this goal. I currently run about 20 miles per week and the training plan I will follow starting December has me doing about 35 miles per week)

Team

Will PM you my email address

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Dtothe2nd

Team

Email on file

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

1)  mtbbaboon

2)  2014

3)  team

3)  on file

<3

hog4life

hog4life

1500 miles

Team

email on file

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PleasantRidge

team

will PM email

Runner with a riding problem.

Dad on the run.

jblackjr

Team

will send email to PM

I currently average around 17-22 miles per week but am looking to increase my mileage next year as I prepare for longer distance races.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Signed up.  PM sent with revised email address.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

kristin- I am not sure how much of our posts are automated rather than entered by hand.  I think in general for this game, extra text is supposed to be separate from the "official" lines.  So you might want to repost with your "2014K" goal in terms of miles, more of less 1252 miles.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope'sMom

Team

Will PM e-mail

Yeah, my "running" this year won't substantiate even this sad, sorry little goal.  But I'm still working to rehab a bum knee and I am operating on faith.  And if faith won't get me through, then I will become an official walker and count those miles instead.  One way or another, I am putting my feet on the road again (at some point ...)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.