Beginners and Beyond

Nike Lunar vs Eclipse (Read 23 times)

Ghettopops

I have run in Lunarglides for pretty much all my running career. Was at LRS getting some compression sleeves  and saw they had Lunar eclipses. I googled weight and know they are 2oz heavier. I have been dealing with leg pain and after a stent on the TM I think the pounding on the pavement is wearing me down. Anyone try each of these shoes and have any input

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I run in Nike Lunarglides but I am hardly a wealth of knowledge because I have never run in anything else so I have no basis of comparison.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ghettopops

sorry, I didn't notice I just put Lunars, I as well do the glides but was told eclipse has more cushion. I tried Asics gels and although I liked the cushion I disliked the extra weight.

I run in Nike Lunarglides but I am hardly a wealth of knowledge because I have never run in anything else so I have no basis of comparison.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

If you go to Forums, then Gears and Wears, you might get some more answers. It seems a lot more responsive than the old RWOL gear section. I don't run in Nike so can't help any more than that. Good luck with the legs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

cmb4314

I was under the impression that the LunarEclipse have more support features than the Glides as well.

I pronate pretty significantly and I wore a pair of them for a while.  They certainly didn't last as many miles as my Adrenalines, perhaps because they were borderline supportive enough to start with, but if I can run in them without a problem, they have a decent amount of support.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011)