Beginners and Beyond

Planning vacations around races (Read 108 times)

happylily

How about the Tucson marathon on 8 December? Wink

I'm running in Belize on Dec. 8th. Too many choices! Grrr...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Nerds.

Just B.S.

Beth, I read your PM. Been thinking about that August race a lot. Big grin But it would be the HM for me. Not the marathon.

HM for me as well. The HM is hilly enough. The full can be pretty brutal, especially with our August

humidity. Add in those hills and PR's are hard to come by.

Well organized race and a free place to stay with a charming hostess. Doesn't get better than that!Smile

Docket_Rocket

Angry

Well if you want to do your Bahamas Marathon again, you might get some takers.

However I believe I am going to personally vote against the Puerto Rico Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Beth, I read your PM. Been thinking about that August race a lot. Big grin But it would be the HM for me. Not the marathon.

Another bonus is that I will be there. I am training for the full, but will do the half if it goes south.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Can't we all just agree on ONE destination race, on the same date, so that we can meet all at once, once and for all? Big grin

Anywhere you decide would be fine with me. We HAVE to have an FE some day after all these years of virtual friendship. Smile

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Anywhere you decide would be fine with me. We HAVE to have an FE some day after all these years of virtual friendship. Smile

We definitely need to meet soon! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

LOL. I can imagine the conversation...

Me: Okay, so... I want to do a marathon on (date) in (place) ...

Husband: Um... ok? Why?

Me: So I can meet a bunch of my internet friends!

It would have to be somewhere with a beach. That's the only way I could convince him to go. Big grin

Hip Redux

LOL. I can imagine the conversation...

Me: Okay, so... I want to do a marathon on (date) in (place) ...

Husband: Um... ok? Why?

Me: So I can meet a bunch of my internet friends!

It would have to be somewhere with a beach. That's the only way I could convince him to go. Big grin

Funny enough, the first half marathon I did, I traveled to Phoenix to go see people I had "met" on the internet!    :P

YAYpril - B-Plus

Funny enough, the first half marathon I did, I traveled to Phoenix to go see people I had "met" on the internet!    :P

Well, to be honest, he and I actually met on the internet (11 years ago)... so he'd probably be cooler about it than some. Smile

Hip Redux

Well, to be honest, he and I actually met on the internet (11 years ago)... so he'd probably be cooler about it than some. Smile

Well, there ya go!

I actually dragged my husband to meet a bunch of internet folks in 2005 when we drove cross country.   It was very cool to finally meet in person!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Okay. So the moral of the story is, we need to find a race in 2014 with a "festival" feel - lots of distance options to choose from. And then we all need to go.

delicate flower

I'll race wherever and like all the local ones.  DW wants us to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler at Disney World in October.  Who am I to argue!

<3

Just B.S.

George I think I have her convinced to come to NB in August.

And we know you love Canada. Just saying.Smile

No Disney for me however. Disney Princess was my one and done. Just don't like Disney enough

or want to travel that far to go someone I have been too many times.Smile

Perhaps someday with Grandchildren.

Ball of Fury

A few of us from the sub 4:00 RA group are running Shamrock so we can meet...the more the merrier!   And it has a beach!

Phil:  We did the ToT last year...not a bad race, but hotter than hell, even at 10PM.  Hopefully, it will be better since they moved it to October.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15