Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES: Our Size Is Inversely Proportional to Our Atttitude (Read 47 times)

Especially because I've not yet precaffeinated.

An hour on the TM after work. Why? I don't feel like checking college students who insist on taking up the whole dang sidewalk on either Beacon or Comm.

Yeah. I'm feeling a wee punchy.

LRB

Give 'em hell B, give 'em hell!

As for me, I am in pre-run dynamic stretching mode in preparation for 7 easy at my work route.

Luckily I noticed my Garmin was practically dead an hour ago or it would have been a run without data.  And as we all know; ain't nobody got time for that.

See ya! 

meaghansketch

Got home at 9:30 last night so no extra miles for me.

Speedwork with my team tonight, hopefully I'll be awake for it.  It's going to be a long day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got a pleasant 5.2 miles on the trails this morning, we finished before dawn even began saying hello. I think I am going to go back to bed now and snuggle with my little angel.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

What do you got there, runners!  Happy Thursday and such.  I've got runs to tell you about so listen up now:

Last night:  10 on the treadmill.  5 x 1 mile at HMP.  7:46 avg pace.  That run went much better than I expected.  Solid effort.

This morning:  8.3 miles before work.  8:45 avg pace.  My legs were dead, as this felt like a double.  I was tempted to run on the TM again, as the weather was calling for steady 40 mph winds.  I managed to squeeze the run in before the wind came, as it was a non-issue.  Looking out my office window right now though, the wind is howling out there.

Alrighty now.

<3

Morning all.

I found a good paved path near my parents' place which takes me as far as I want to go. So I'm coming up behind 3 old guys walking side by side, with a dog. I said "excuse me", they got out of the way, but one guy said "the grass is good for running too". Hmmph. I blame Florida.

6 miles.

Dave

LRB

As for me, I am in pre-run dynamic stretching mode in preparation for 7 easy at my work route.

It was 39 degrees and sunny, there was no wind and I was scantily clad, so I ended up running 8.  Just a wonderful, wonderful easy run.  Wonderful I say.  Wonderful!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

I have meetings for the next few hours. Yay me. 4 miles done on the TM. Trying to figure out if we're actually going to buy an existing house or build a new one somewhere. Oh, pregnant DW, why must you confuse me so.

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Yesterday I pulled off a double; 4 miles in the morning and 4 more in the evening. My average pace for the morning 4 was 8:48, the average pace for the evening 4 was 8:50. Interesting, very interesting.

SRD for me today and tomorrow morning I'm going for 18.

Basya: Hey, nothing wrong with feeling just a wee bit punchy. Smile

LRB: Oh man, you just gave me a flashback with the "ain't nobody got time for that!"  "Sweet Jesus it's a fire."

DaveP: Good stuff. Are you going to visit Del Boca Vista while you're down there?

Baboon: 40 mph winds?! That is definitely TM weather.

Brrrr: Silly question, but are you watching "Fargo" on FX? It's one of my favorite movies and the tv show is also pretty good, so far.

Hi everyone else.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up too early, ran 8 and I've been at the office for three hours.  And I just recall I forgot to use my asthma meds.  Great.  Traveling to nashville tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brrrr: Silly question, but are you watching "Fargo" on FX? It's one of my favorite movies and the tv show is also pretty good, so far.

Hi Jack. Yeah, I DVR it. We actually do have that technology up in the frozen north. I haven't been able to watch the second episode yet.

There's a big to-do about "Fargo" in Fargo. Go figure, huh? They have screenings of the TV shows at the Fargo Theater and we had one of the people in the show at the premier. There's live blogging and a bunch of social media around it. Actually one of the shots they used in the promos was of my home town:

- Andrew

DaveP: Good stuff. Are you going to visit Del Boca Vista while you're down there?

We are there. My parents' place is actually in Boca Raton, and DW & I always refer to it as Del Boca Vista. And my parents ARE Helen & Morty Seinfeld. However I am most certainly not buying them a Cadillac. Although they currently drive a Mercury Grand Marquis, which is about as close as you will get for a Florida old person car.

Dave

Morning!

I have meetings for the next few hours. Yay me. 4 miles done on the TM. Trying to figure out if we're actually going to buy an existing house or build a new one somewhere. Oh, pregnant DW, why must you confuse me so.

How's your foot?

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

How's your foot?

Hey, thanks for asking Dave. Smile It's about the same. There's pain there, and it goes away when I ice it. I think it's tendonitis. How's the Keys?

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brrrr: I also DVR it and watched it last night. I won't spoil episode 2 for you. Sorry about your foot; I hope it doesn't mess up your training or race.

DaveP: that is classic! Will you go with your parents to choke down a steak at 4:30? It's the Early Bird special.