Beginners and Beyond

You know it's hot when (Read 114 times)

Hip Redux

The pavement melts into your sneakers.

About a mile in my noon run, I felt my Newton lugs start to stick to the road.   WTF?  At first I thought my shoes were melting, but then I used some common sense and realized that it was probably the road melting.    They chip seal our road every few years, so I'm guessing it's the friggin tar oil or whatnot they use under the chip seal.

As I walked up my driveway, about a pound of sand and rocks started sticking to the tar.  I had to leave the shoes outside because I don't need black shit all over my floors.

Dr. Cornsitter

Holy crap! How do you even get that out??

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

I have no friggin idea.   They're staying in the garage for now. lol

Docket_Rocket

Hope you are able to get that out!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

... the sweat drip down my balls.

* Modified to change link as first video had muff flashing.

Hip Redux

... the sweat drip down my balls.

* Modified to change link as first video had muff flashing.

Do I really want to click this? lol

Docket_Rocket

Not from work....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Not from work....

+1. It's just explicit lyrics. The first video I linked was definitely NSFW though.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So, are the Newtons still considered minimalist with the asphalt on them?

Hip Redux

So, are the Newtons still considered minimalist with the asphalt on them?

Walking with pebbles, grass and sand stuck to the bottom of my shoes was just like being barefoot.

lol

"Goof off" or "goo be gone" might help with the tar.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Need to find a solvent that dissolves the tar, but does not attack the shoe material. Where's a good organic chemist when you need one?

Dave

#artbydmcbride

Save them for winter and they can be your traction shoes in the wet.

Runners run

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

WD40 will do the trick.

Need to find a solvent that dissolves the tar, but does not attack the shoe material. Where's a good organic chemist when you need one?

Randy

happylily

I was going to answer: "When LRB walks in a room?" But I guess that you were not really asking us a question, Oski. Big grin

The same thing happened to my shoes last year. At first, I thought it was from my TM melting in the heat of the garage...lol... But after close inspection, I realized it was from one of my recent marathons. I run outside like 10 times a year and I get crap on my shoes. Serves me right...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010