Beginners and Beyond

New Spring Running Gear: Post Your pics! (Read 185 times)

LRB

Dreamer

Among a few other items, singlets by New Balance and Pearl Izumi, and I finally got the Lunarglide 4 Shield.

Wha cha got?

Know thyself

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I can't get the perspective on that Pearl singlet, but I think it looks pretty sweet.

I'm too lazy for the pic posting feature on this site.  I got the LunaRacer 3 and the Hoka Stinson though...how's that for a dichotomy?  I also picked up a pair of Nike Thermal tights on post-season clearance (although they're actually from the winter 2013 line and the owner was kind enough to sell them since my size in the old ones was out).

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

The best thing about being in my first year of running is each season has been my first time running that season and I have needed new gear. Just started buying some things to get ready for later spring/early summer. I will get pics later Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

I'm too lazy to post pictures as well, but my Spring running gear will include 3 items from this page, after April 15th!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

4 years racing, 16 marathons, 16 BQs     

LRB

Dreamer

I can't get the perspective on that Pearl singlet, but I think it looks pretty sweet.

It literally weighs one ounce!

Know thyself

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm too lazy to post pictures as well, but my Spring running gear will include 3 items from this page, after April 15th!

I'd vote for the tights, the half zip, and something else. Although, I don't know if you'd need tights with all the TM work.

LRB...nice. I'd be worried about black being hot though...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

LRB

Dreamer

...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

Dig it.  My summer gear is usually white with black accents, but I felt it was time to switch up a bit for the same reason.

I don't think it will be a problem since we race before high sun around here, but I will be monitoring it nevertheless.

Know thyself

cmb4314

LRB...nice. I'd be worried about black being hot though...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

I always used to worry about that, but I have a dark navy shirt that I got from a race and it's one of my favorite things to wear - I don't find that I notice a temperature difference between it and my lighter colored shirts.

I have a brand new pair of Adrenaline 13s that I bought the week before I broke my ankle, so those are waiting for me.  Excited to see if I like this latest iteration of them.

As a reward to myself when I can run again, I think I will have to go and get something new.  I haven't bought a new pair of shorts in about 2 years, and haven't bought a new short sleeved shirt in nearly 3 (though, I did get a free shirt from Brooks this winter when I ordered mittens/capri tights from their website).  I haven't even gotten a free short sleeved race shirt since June of 2011.  My stuff is getting kind of gross.  I think I can spring for something.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

delicate taperer

Between the holidays and being on IR now, I have not bought any new gear in months.  I will live vicariously through you all.  And DW...she's  running again and has been buying things.

proud taperer

I bought this shirt.

Sorry, it is huge so I deleted it.

Only thing new I've gotten in the past few weeks is a boring long-sleeve tech-T and  a beer glass from my last race.

I did recently notice that my one white sleeveless running top has somehow become a mysteriously shade of pink. It must have got washed with something red. I don't wear pink, so I guess I need to go shopping for a replacement...

Brrrrrr

Uffda

I picked up a pair of Nike Free 4.0 V2 about a month ago:

I just picked up a pair of Brooks PureConnect. They are light and definitely have a firm ride:

- Andrew

Mmmmm...beer

Haven't picked up any new clothes yet, need some medium singlets tho, still using my larges from last summer.  Did get a pair of Fastwitchs recently, and will be ordering up some Mirages on clearance, and a pair of Type A5s (not on clearance, but I want 'em bad!).

-Dave

My running blog

2015 Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-37 10k | sub-1:23 HM | sub-3 M

GC100k

the Hoka Stinson

Saw those at a race expo and wanted so much to try them, but Hoka doesn't make large sizes.

Discrimination!

I have an infinite supply of t-shirts, don't know that I'll ever buy "running gear" or a "singlet".

Just B.S.

Bought myself one of these sweet tri suits Monday. The blue one.

Technically it's for triathlons but I will run  1/3 of the race so this counts as running gear right?Smile

Perhaps this summer I will post a photo of me wearing this racing a tri!

Also bought 5 swimsuits last week. Seems when you are swimming 5-6 hours/week chlorine rot sets in

quickly and they don't last long.