Beginners and Beyond

Jogging stroller (Read 38 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Does anyone know of a place to get a jogging stroller that will fit a small adult?  We are wanting to get one for our son who is now 18, about 5'4" tall and weighs around 110 pounds.  I've Googled it and come up with nothing other than kids sizes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

achillesinternational.org and athletesservingathletes.org are websites of organizations that are in some way involved with running with people who have special needs. Maybe you can email someone at one of those sites, they would probably know.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

This is TJ enjoying a recent fun run we did.  His wheelchair isn't greatly suited for road racing but he loves it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

achillesinternational.org and athletesservingathletes.org are websites of organizations that are in some way involved with running with people who have special needs. Maybe you can email someone at one of those sites, they would probably know.

Thanks, Kristin.  We'll check them out.

Jess runs for bacon

I know Team Hoyt ahead some really nice ones when I ran shamrock. Looking at their site the strollers look quite big, and they had some sub 3:30 guys running with them. You may want to shoot them an email, their website is teamhoytvb.com

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Google search on "jogging stroller adult' brings up a bunch of hits, so it looks like there is something out there. Apologies for pointing out the obvious if you've already looked at that.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Love the pic of TJ in the race! He is clearly having a blast!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

This is also one of those things you have probably looked into already but disability advocates in your area may have knowledge of some good resources.  Again, worth a shot.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Might have to get a racing chair for him and adapt it for a pushing person.  As already mentioned contact the Hoyt's and I am sure they can help steer you in the right direction.

Might even consider a custom fabricated chair for him.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks all.  I've talked to several folks in our area.  Unfortunately the easiest thing I can easily find for him would work best if he were about 400 pounds, seemss that is what the industry is more readily geared to acommodate.  We have found something that may just work that we will get to try out this weekend.

Thanks again for the responses.