Beginners and Beyond

Bolt VS Mo (Read 53 times)

LRB

Olympic sprint king Usain Bolt has apparently accepted Olympic distance star Mo Farah’s challenge to meet up over 600 meters in a run-off for bragging rights and charity.

(link)

"Farah, who stormed to victory in the 3,000m at the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday, said: ‘He’s got his charity foundation, I’ve got the Mo Farah Foundation. It would be great to do a distance where people vote in, proper athletics fans, on what distance they think the most suitable.’"

Man this is tough, as much as I love Bolt's pure speed, Mo ain't no joke! (double negative intended).

So let's put it to a vote, who ya got?

Buelligan

I'd pick Usain if it was a UFC fight.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It should be pretty interesting.  I'm glad they picked a middle distance.  I really do "just want to see it".

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

delicate flower

I'd pick Usain if it was a UFC fight.

I'd pick Mo in a hot dog eating contest.

<3

Hmmm....on Wide World of Sports with Jim McKay announcing?   Showing my age.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

RSX

How did they decide on 600? I would pick Mo for 800+ only.

LRB

How did they decide on 600? I would pick Mo for 800+ only.

It was the furthest Bolt was willing to race.  And let's face it, at  a lap and a half around the track, Mo has to be lickin' his chops.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I like Mo at anything over 400.  He can go half a lap just hanging with Usain and then show Usain what 400m of pure sprinting looks like!

Should turn out better than this heartbreaker/joke of a race that I had to endure back in '97......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFcjJezL7lo

Randy

B-Plus

It will be rigged so that Bolt will win.

Love the Half

I'm in the "I just wanna see it camp."  If I'm Bolt, I hope for a slowish first 400 and then outkick Mo.  I'm I'm Mo, I run 600 meters as hard as I can and hope Bolt doesn't have much stamina.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Should turn out better than this heartbreaker/joke of a race that I had to endure back in '97......

I knew what that was before I even clicked on it, what a complete and total letdown!

"Donovan Bailey turns around!"

Words that will live in infamy.

Luke79

I'm gonna say Bolt at 600.  Would take Mo for 800.  You have to think Bolt will train for this.

Just want to see it