Beginners and Beyond

Hot Chocolate Run Report (Read 179 times)

Not much to say except that it was a blast!  It was a 5K to support a Domestic Violence Center.  There were 5,500 people between the 5K and the 2 mile walk.  I did not race, I just ran it to be with a fabulous group of people and to support a good cause.

Finished in 31:15.  1830/3225 runners.  There were great bands, wonderful crowd support and over $225,000 was raised to help!

I am in the Snowman pajamas.  Smile

Finishing up! Big grin

Pinktastic

Looks like it was really cold but you had fun!  That's awesome!  Love the pics!  Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Sloooow.

Sounds like a fun event, and for a good cause too!

I hope there really was hot chocolate! Lol.

Our swag was coffee mugs....which we then filled with rich, creamy hot chocolate and marshmallows and candy canes.  Delicious!

mucknort

Sounds like a fun event, and for a good cause too!

I hope there really was hot chocolate! Lol.

Not only is their hot chocolate (made in the giant beer brewing vat of a local brewery), but entrants get a mug designed by a local artist. Hope to do this run next year.

http://safepass.org/HCR/?page_id=833

runmomto3boys

Congratulations on a great race and on helping to raise money for a deserving cause.  You are too cute in your jammies!!!  Love it!!!

LRB

That is a nice pic, and good idea with the PJ's!  The next event you will be ready to actually race.

Misty

How fun! I love the snowman pants!

Misty

Bless your heart.

Nevrgivup

Congrats! I ran this race last year. Lots of fun!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Great outfit. 

MMMmmmmm, I love hot chocolate. We're having a bit of a break from the cold...so I'll have to wait a few days to have some.

LRB

Great outfit. 

MMMmmmmm, I love hot chocolate. We're having a bit of a break from the cold...so I'll have to wait a few days to have some.

Hey Kim!  It has been unseasonably warm.  You know who makes some good hot chocolate?  Surprisingly Tim Hortons.

Okay, if your going to make a recommendation, I guess next cold day...I'm agoin' to Tim Hortons.

LRB

I think it is tasty as heck.  Nevertheless, fingers crossed!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Sounds like you had a good time and raised money for a good cause. Nice floater!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Zelanie

Sounds like a great time and a good cause!