Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 272 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here).
      I'm off to the gym to do 4.0 recovery VFF miles on the TM.
      RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Monday, Basya! Happy Monday, Dailies!

Just got home from work and I'm heading to bed in a few. I'll be doing some speed work later today, probably 5 miles with a couple of 1 mile intervals. I'm trying to get my speed right on those longer intervals. I was a little weak last time I did them.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

I'm either going to do 3 easy lunch miles with my RP, or I'm going to do a 1 mile "training" run with a coworker who asked me to "teach her how to run".  That, of course, depends on if she did her homework.  Hopefully she did a slow mile at some point this weekend and has something to report back to me, otherwise I'll be flying blind when I take her out.

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Basaya - enjoy the VFF run!

Tom - no more night shift!

Kay - good job on the new long run distance yesterday.

Yesterday I was super lazy, but I did manage some weight lifting - in the morning I lifted my butt out of bed and in the evening I lifted my wine glass!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning early risers! 40 mins on the elliptical later today. If I thought treadmill running was bad before, I clearly had no idea what forced time on the elliptical is like - pure boring torture! Getting sometime done, though, with lots of "hills".

Angela 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Heading to the gym after work for some crosstraining, or maybe yoga at home. I'm trying to do something active (15+ minutes worth) every day this month.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

8 miles @ 7:57/mile done. 

Need coffee!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I went running with my 17 year old DS last night. He is on the HS x-country team. It is nice running with someone to talk to. He has developed into quite a runner. We ran 5.5 miles @ 7:55 pace.

Here is a picture of him in one of this year's races. He is the one with the white jersey on the right.

I am thinking of running the Reindeer Run 5K race on the 15th. I really have no reason not to do it. It looks like a very flat course so it could make for some fast times. 

Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Splits (GPS Interval)
                       TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                      1 Interval 1 mi 8:17.66 8:17.66 8:18      
                      2 Interval 1 mi 8:20.46 16:38.12 8:21      
                      3 Interval 1 mi 8:03.26 24:41.38 8:04      
                      4 Interval 1 mi 7:50.97 32:32.35 7:51      
                      5 Interval 1 mi 7:26.08 39:58.43 7:27      
                      6 Interval 0.47 mi 3:16.60 43:15.03 6:59      

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all!

Hoping to get back out there today for an hour so after taking DS to school. The weird thing is that the weather is predicting a temp around 50 and foggy - not typical December weather in Wisconsin. Need to burn off some calories, though, because I'm then going to a potluck lunch with friends. Yum!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Samurai in Training

Good morning folks.  The plan is to head out right after work today and hit one of the local trails.  The weather should be perfect.  71° forecasted today and 73° tomorrow.

4.0 VFF miles, all at 5.2mph (11:31), on the TM are done. I did some hill work:

0:00-10:00 at 2.0

10:00-15:00 at 3.0

15:00-18:00 at 1.0

18:00-23:00 at 4.0

23:00-26:00 at 1.0

26:00-31:00 at 5.0

31:00-34:00 at 1.0

34:00-39:00 at 6.0

The rest of the 4.0 miles at 2.0.

Now, if only I could figure out how to make paragraph breaks when posting.
                            seeamyrun

Good morning!

Planning on an easy 8 this morning after DS gets off to school.

DH finally drug the Christmas stuff down from the attic. Will spend the afternoon with a glass of wine and some Chrsitmas music while I put up the tree.

Have a good one! 

runmomto3boys

Good morning, guys!!

SUS: I love that shot of your son from the x-country race!  The jingle bell race sounds like a blast.  Go for it!!

D2: Nice working getting in a blazing fast 8 already this Monday AM!

Ang: Arrrghhhhh....I can ONLY imagine!  You are SO going to relish running when you get back out there!

Eddie: I hope the trail running goes well.  What GORGEOUS weather you are having!

Shari: Enjoy that hour long run.  You are feeling better now, I assume???

Gustav: Bwahahaha - nice job lifting that wine glass!  Have a great day!

Tom: I hope the speed work goes well.

Basya: Have a great VFF run!

I'm taking it easy this week b/c I start training for Carmel next week.  I decided to take Mon., Thurs. and Fri. as rest days b/c two of my boys have birthdays those days and one of the days we are having a party for them.  SRD today!  I kind of need it too.