Beginners and Beyond

Calling all WednesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I am heading out for a run and after two days off the calorie burn will be good for me.  I also have a visit at 1:00 with Nicole at red cord to reassess where I am and to go over what I am going to do for cross-training the this off-season.

I dropped my finishers medal off there for display a week after the big race and by all accounts it has been a big hit.  I was going to get it today but may leave it for a little while longer since it seems to be inspiring so many.

Anyway, what's up with you?

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that your session with Nicole goes well.

Yesterday was as URD, except for using my free weights and doing push-ups and ab-work at home. It looks like today will be another URD. I began feeling nasal congestion over the past weekend. Now, I'm feeling it in my chest. My dad is recovering from pneumonia, so, I hope that I don't come down with that.

Morning. 2 miles on the treadmill. Almost even worked up a little sweat. So that's something.

Dave

delicate flower

Morning. 2 miles on the treadmill. Almost even worked up a little sweat. So that's something.

Trending in the right direction.  This is good.

7 last night at 8:03 pace in the cold, wind, and sleet.  Not enjoyable.  Speaking of which, early forecast for my 5K Sunday is 40 degrees and showers.  Hope that changes!  Glad it's only a 5K.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have a run to and from Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, but I need to reintroduce some core/bodyweight strength work. Anyone have a good 15-20 minute routine you want to share? As little equipment as possible, please. I do have an exercise ball (needs air at the moment), a yoga mat, some 10-lb dumbbells.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

I ran 8 again.

LRB

SRD, but I need to reintroduce some core/bodyweight strength work. Anyone have a good 15-20 minute routine you want to share? As little equipment as possible, please. I do have an exercise ball (needs air at the moment), a yoga mat, some 10-lb dumbbells.

I do pushups, chin-ups, crunches and deep squats as a circuit as my quick core workout. Doing as many sets as time allows.

happylily

I haven't been running the last couple days, I think I have a cold (runny nose) and I'm not feeling it. I'm also on an antibiotic for my ear since last week, which may be why I'm not feeling 100%. My family doctor thinks I may have an ear infection and it was causing my dizziness. I haven't had any fainting moments since last week, so maybe that's it. I really need a vacation, because I'm in real bad shape!!! Today, I also have my appointment with my cardiologist at 1pm. I'm hoping he sees the lungs and the heart of a horse on me, since I should be well rested with the little running I've been doing. One last thing, I ate 6 donuts in the last 2 days, which is a new low for me. I NEVER eat donuts, don't even like them. But I'm so mentally screwed up at the moment that I crave the cheap sugar and I want the thought that I'm disgusting for clogging my arteries with all that fat. It's like self-punishment for not running. Did I say that I need a vacation?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

3.9 (done)

Docket_Rocket

I haven't been running the last couple days, I think I have a cold (runny nose) and I'm not feeling it. I'm also on an antibiotic for my ear since last week, which may be why I'm not feeling 100%. My family doctor thinks I may have an ear infection and it was causing my dizziness. I haven't had any fainting moments since last week, so maybe that's it. I really need a vacation, because I'm in real bad shape!!! Today, I also have my appointment with my cardiologist at 1pm. I'm hoping he sees the lungs and the heart of a horse on me, since I should be well rested with the little running I've been doing. One last thing, I ate 6 donuts in the last 2 days, which is a new low for me. I NEVER eat donuts, don't even like them. But I'm so mentally screwed up at the moment that I crave the cheap sugar and I want the thought that I'm disgusting for clogging my arteries with all that fat. It's like self-punishment for not running. Did I say that I need a vacation?

Feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

G'morning!

Super tired and run down lately D: Trying to remember to take iron every day in case that's the culprit. Doesn't feel like a cold yet, I just feel wiped out. Working from home today because I cannot bear the thought of commuting and still having enough energy to get anything done, but I will probably still get out and run 3-4 miles at some point.

LRB

If there was ever a time to have to deal with all of that it is now.  You will get and be strong again so have another dooughnu, on me!  

Hello dailies!

Rick - glad your medal can inspire folks, cool!

Basya - ugh, it's cold season already.  Hope your dad recovers quickly.

DaveP - good progress

Baboon - run fast enough that that raindrops can't catch you

D - pilates run commute, heh

Step - enjoy the strength work

onemile - hi

Lily - feel better!  (Donuts as punishment?  Haha.  They are a good way to feel guilty, I guess.)

Lauren - rest  up, hope you feel better as well.

Today will involve some running and possibly some dreaded Christmas shopping, since my family always slacks on emailing me ideas before Thanksgiving, when the stores aren't full of zombies.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DaveP: Good stuff!

Lily: Maybe you should be a "surprise" weekend trip for yourself? Smile

We got a lot of rain, it's still raining, but no mud. There was a lot of dirt and sticks and stuff that came down from the hillsides but nothing serious. Just loads of media hype again, but better safe than sorry.  If the rain lets up I will even get a run in later today. That will be nice.

Have a good day.