Beginners and Beyond

World Run Day Penguin Weekend (Read 24 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

WORLD RUN DAY - NOVEMBER 9, 2014

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." -Nike

PADRunner

It's world run day Sunday Penguins so get out and run! Go ahead and run on Saturday if you want too.

World Run Day 5k for me this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Leaving for Orlando to run the WIne & Dine HM with hubby late tonight.  A 10pm race start.  Zzzzzz.

Damaris

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Instead of a run around campus last night, I took the dogs on a moonlight run through the park instead.  It was Zoe's first run since her back surgery almost 8 months ago, and she did great.  Even a couple of months ago, we were seeing a bit of stiffness after long, hard walks (play sessions), so I didn't think I'd run with her again.  But we haven't seen any stiffness at all from her in a while, so it was time to give it a try.  She and Mia did great!  We did their usual walk route at a run, so 4 miles, nice and easy, most of it off leash so that they could play.  They did super the whole time, didn't need and breaks, and best of all Zoe wasn't still at all last night or this morning. Smile

RD for me today.  We are going to Ikea.

GinnyinPA

PAD - I hope your 5k went well.

D - at least it should be cool that late, and the moon is almost full, so you'll have good light.  Have fun.

I think we're heading to the woods today for a short hike.  It's cold but the sun is out and the wind has largely died down. Much better than yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nevermind. Hubby was called into work so no race tonight. I am refistering us for a local one tomorrow morning.

Ginny, it was also 90% chance of showers during the race.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Nevermind. Hubby was called into work so no race tonight. I am refistering us for a local one tomorrow morning.

Ginny, it was also 90% chance of showers during the race.

Aww that's a bit sad.  At least you're still getting to race tomorrow.

3ish later today.  I should get out the door and get it done, but I'm feeling lazy.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

Finished my half in 2:39 ish. That was gun time.  It was fun until about mile 11.5 when all of a sudden I was tired as HELL.  Mitch ran back and finished the last 1.5 with me. That helped a lot.  It was fun!  Mitch did really well. He's speedy!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finished my half in 2:39 ish. That was gun time.  It was fun until about mile 11.5 when all of a sudden I was tired as HELL.  Mitch ran back and finished the last 1.5 with me. That helped a lot.  It was fun!  Mitch did really well. He's speedy!

Great job!!!  Did you try any of the run/walk ratios we talked about?

Damaris

tracilynn

I didn't set a timer. I just walked a little at every mile it so. Tried to keep my time around 12 mm. And walked hills.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Congrats, Traci!  Is that two in the same month, even? Smile

Good luck tomorrow, D!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Great job, Traci!  I told you 2 weeks ago you'd kill it when you ran your second.  That was a great picture you posted on FB too.

Zel, that's 2 in 2 weeks for both of us and Mitch.  One together and one together in spirit.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Pad, I hope the 5k went well for you.

Zel, that's great to hear about Zoe.

Robert, that IS a great picture of Traci, she don't even look tired, lol.

D, glad you will still get to run tomorrow.

Traci, I am so happy for you on your 2nd in 2 weeks. It was a real pleasure running with you. Now, we just need to get that 5k.

I had a numb foot issue, AGAIN! I stopped at mile 5 to adjust socks and shoe laces. Then all was okay. I finished in 1:56 unofficial.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can all apply for Half Fanatics now.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Z - sounds like a lot of fun, running with the dogs.  I'm glad Zoe did so well.

D - sorry about tonight's race, though if it's raining, you're probably just as happy to miss it.  How long is tomorrow's event?

Tracilynn - congratulations on a new PR.  I hope you're not too stiff and sore tonight.

sapf - I hope you got out today after all.  Some days are harder than others, but I usually am glad when I do it.

Robert - how did your race go?

Mitch - it's odd that your foot problems only come up on long races.  Do you wear different shoes or socks for races?  Congratulations on your time.

We lost our sunshine, but had a nice shuffle through the autumn leaves.