Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

'Sup crew!

This week I return to a 5 day a week running schedule (Monday & Friday off) until training for my spring half begins in January.  There might be a week or two here or there where I run 6 days but those will be the exception not the rule.

During that time I will get back to strength training, something I have not done since the summer began.  I shudder to think how many pushups and pullups I will be able to that first day but that is what the off-season is for, building strength.

Anyway, there is only one Monday in the week so let's boot it in the ass people, go!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hanging out in the Father inlaws place.  About to go see about a recovery run.

sore as F, but not thrashed.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 6 and weights.  If I stop coughing, FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

About to go see about a recovery run.

sore as F, but not thrashed.

Yeah I chose rest but if you are going to do it today would be today as by tomorrow you ain't running nowhere!

Hi D.  Hope it clears up!

delicate flower

'Morning.  Tired.

<3

happylily

Good morning star shine. The earth says hello. You twinkle above us, we twinkle below. Gliddy glub gloopy nibby nabby noopy
              La la la, lo lo Sabba sibbi sabba nooby aba naba

That's all I know of the song...  Morning guys!

7, or 10, can't remember which, right after work tonight. I think it's 10. I will run them very slowly, because I am TIRED. Need more coffee before I am invaded by screaming kids.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Good morning star shine. The earth says hello. You twinkle above us, we twinkle below. Gliddy glub gloopy nibby nabby noopy
                La la la, lo lo Sabba sibbi sabba nooby aba naba

That's all I know of the song...  Morning guys!

That was funny!

Boon needs coffee, AND LOTS OF IT SON!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

rest day for me

LRB I can only imagine. I haven't done much Pilates in three weeks since my instructor has been on vacation in Australia.  This week returning to it will be tough.

Marjorie

delicate flower

That was funny!

Boon needs coffee, AND LOTS OF IT SON!

You know, I have felt really good throughout this entire training cycle, which quite frankly concerned me a little.  I expected to feel more beat up and more tired.  I'm tired today though.  I don't know if it's fatigue catching up to me or just a case of the Mondays.  I'm guessing the latter.  I just need to get through this week and then TAPER.

<3

happylily

You know, I have felt really good throughout this entire training cycle, which quite frankly concerned me a little.  I expected to feel more beat up and more tired.  I'm tired today though.  I don't know if it's fatigue catching up to me or just a case of the Mondays.  I'm guessing the latter.  I just need to get through this week and then TAPER.

The worst fatigue usually happens just a few weeks before taper begins. You are in that phase, I believe. If you do not feel overly fatigued, great! But if you find yourself more fatigued than usual in the coming days, don't worry about it, it's normal.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day today.  Football tonight...my Redskins are playing the Damn Dallas Cowboys....good luck with that, Redskins are doing really lousy this year.

Did two 5Ks over the weekend:

Purple Run/Walk 5K: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f41421abf36d4c7182dab7e1125493fe/resume#focus

Boxer Boogie 5K/3K http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5c7fa4dc38ba42fba2210027261b7873/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

The worst fatigue usually happens just a few weeks before taper begins. You are in that phase, I believe. If you do not feel overly fatigued, great! But if you find yourself more fatigued than usual in the coming days, don't worry about it, it's normal.

I've had this conversation with DW too.  I see people following plans who sometimes dread their upcoming workouts because their legs are dead, they are tired, and they wonder if they are going to get through the workout.  I've been feeling good and strong day to day.  I've got this underlying feeling that I could have been training harder since that overall fatigue and exhaustion just isn't there.  But whatever...I'm still having a very good cycle.  Next time I'll use a coach and/or a plan instead of half-assing it.

<3

I've had this conversation with DW too.  I see people following plans who sometimes dread their upcoming workouts because their legs are dead, they are tired, and they wonder if they are going to get through the workout.  I've been feeling good and strong day to day.  I've got this underlying feeling that I could have been training harder since that overall fatigue and exhaustion just isn't there.  But whatever...I'm still having a very good cycle.  Next time I'll use a coach and/or a plan instead of half-assing it.

Well I don't know anything about anything, other than my own personal experience. I never really dread my workouts, and my legs usually only feel totally dead during warmup miles and some easy/recovery runs. But when it gets toward the end of the heavy training right before taper, my body feels really beat up - lots of aches & pains that I feel just walking around. Like if I had to do one more week of that, I would completely disintegrate. YMMV. In any case you have been kicking major ass during this training cycle, and as far as your training it is what it is. It may in fact be that keeping your training a little half-assed has helped keep you healthy. Whether you have maximized your potential who can say, but you are going to have a tremendous race.

Dave

happylily

Well I don't know anything about anything, other than my own personal experience. I never really dread my workouts, and my legs usually only feel totally dead during warmup miles and some easy/recovery runs. But when it gets toward the end of the heavy training right before taper, my body feels really beat up - lots of aches & pains that I feel just walking around. Like if I had to do one more week of that, I would completely disintegrate. YMMV. In any case you have been kicking major ass during this training cycle, and as far as your training it is what it is. It may in fact be that keeping your training a little half-assed has helped keep you healthy. Whether you have maximized your potential who can say, but you are going to have a tremendous race.

+1 to all this.

From the Internet.

Morning! I desperately want to run today, but I ran yesterday so I should probably stick with the whole every-other-day-recovery thing I promised my stupid self I'd do. Yesterday was 3ish minutes jog/3ish walk, repeat x6, turned the last 3 minute jog into 5 for a total of just over 20 minutes and 2.12 miles run. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks post-surgery, I would be having my follow up appointment and getting the green light to start easy running if my surgeon were in the office, but he is not so I have to continue operating without clearance until next week :P