Beginners and Beyond

This Sucks Sundailies (Read 50 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, I had an 18 miler planned but was also willing to call this week a cutback week after my body did so great with the 18 miler last week. Last night the weather forecast said 30% chance of light rain between 3 and 6 AM so I got up at 3 and go ready, stepped out the door and there was lightning. No such thing was happening while I was getting ready, but the moment I stepped out the door - BAM!

So, being the stubborn ass I am... I said fuck it and got going, telling myself I would at least try to get in whatever mileage I could while hoping the lightning would pass. It didn't....... but luckily Mother Nature showed me mercy even though I called her a cunt, and let me make it home alive and unharmed with 4 miles.

I don't know whether to be thankful or pissed, there was a time I would have went ahead and kept on running out there but with a little boy depending on me, I have to put his needs first. Maybe I can get another 5 miles in later this evening if it has passed, even though the weather forecast is saying storms all day.

*As I finish this rant/post, the downpour starts lol*

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

No weekend daillies for you huh? 

I am up early to beat the sun and boredom and try to get this stupid thing done.

Up first though, coffee.

B-Plus

Get with the program, people! WE ARE DOING THE WEEKEND DAILIES.

LRB

Wassup G's and G 'ettes!

16 done in 2:06, my longest run since a 20 mile run September 8, 2013.

I actually smiled all the way in during that last mile because I knew I only had laps on the track to go at that point.  It did not matter how many were left only that I was going home.

delicate flower

'Morning, Holmes!  DW had 14 on her schedule today.  I just couldn't do that today.  My legs are TIRED from the last two days.  So she went with her cousin and I did 8 slow miles on my own (9:09 pace).  It's hilly up here in Vermont.

<3

outoftheblue

Morning all.   13 miles done last night, to complete week 2 of Pfitz.  Now it starts getting hard!  My dog is doing much, much better lately.  Eating like crazy and more energetic.  We're taking her to vet tomorrow to check her blood work and see what's going on with her kidneys and liver.  Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  I think they helped.

FS -- Glad you weren't hurt.  Don't mess with mother nature!

LRB -- Excellent run, looks like the training is going great!

Baboon -- I bet your legs are tired.  Congrats on the 5K yesterday.  Almost PR'ing on tired legs is awesome.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job with 16 LRB, and 2:06 wow that is fast.

Doesn't Vermont have mountains? Isn't it also part of the AT trail?

outoftheblue, I ain't scared of Mother Nature!............ Okay, between you and me I was begging her not to kill me and I think I was praying too. That is awesome news that your poochie is doing better.

Oh and I didn't even get to use the 310 which I am already about to call stupid, I got it out of the box Friday and charged it to 100% then I went ahead and turned it off because it doesn't look like it even tells time, just sits in training mode  so this morning when I grabbed it and turned it on it immediately said low battery, needs charged    What the hell!?

Who on here has a 310 and give me some tips about this freaking thing before I destroy it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

B-Plus

It's just about time to put on my short-shorts, singlet, and racing flats and get after this thing. later!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's just about time to put on my short-shorts, singlet, and racing flats and get after this thing. later!

Who wears short shorts, we wear short shorts!!

PRs

LRB

Stalking your log as often as I do Looking at your log for the first time ever this morning, you might just give it hell! 

LRB

Who wears short shorts, we wear short shorts!!

What was that, a Nair commercial?  Aren't you a little too young to remember any of that?

LRB

3 big ass Jethro Bodine sized flap-jacks, grits and eggs.

You know how I do it!

#proper

Docket_Rocket

I guess we are not going to use the Weekend Dailies thread then?

Did 14 miles with the last 7 @ MP + 10%, last 3 on the TM because by then it was hot as balls.  Humid as fuck all the way.  Very good workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What was that, a Nair commercial?  Aren't you a little too young to remember any of that?

Oh hell no, that shit was on when I was in my teens 

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Exactly and my thoughts as well.

LRB

Nice pace, must be great weather today!

FS

No idea about 310.  Maybe you and garmin no bueno?

baboon

Sounds like a good idea.

ootb

good for you and the doggie.

b-plus

Show those shorty shorts who's boss. Go kick some ass while you are at it!

I closed out this week with 10 easy in a downpour and it was enjoyable. Some lightning nothing I couldn't dodge. Wink

So in the overall scheme of things ... Wk14 done 10 more to go...  Yay?