Beginners and Beyond

Garmin recommendations (Read 125 times)

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I also have the 210 and love it--I previously had a 405 and never used 90% of the bells and whistles so I simplified. I use nothing more than time, current pace, distance, and mile splits, so it is perfect for me. Like someone else mentioned I do have to jiggle the charger a bit to get it to go, but it's always started charging within a few jiggles so its not a huge deal to me.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

tracilynn

210 is great. Simple and easy to use, cute colors.  I charge it about once/week.

~~~~~~~

Traci

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Thanks for everyone's input!!!   I just ordered a 410.  Should be here by the end of the week, just in time for me to get used to it before my next race in about 10 days.

sheepla

I'm anxiously awaiting my REI dividend so I can get a new Garmin as my 305 is slowly starting it's demise.  My husband has the 610 which doesn't have very good battery life but I really like the wireless syncing and the "watch" size.  Not sure his has the awesome display flexibility that the 305 has. So, if my requirements are ability to set three screens as I want for display (usually total time, distance and average lap pace - current pace would be an added bonus) and long battery life and I'd like but don't necessarily have to have wireless sync, would the 210 do me fine?  I've never used half the other functions the 305 has.

Really dislike the Garmin heart rate monitor so will continue to wear my polar so don't care about that feature.

sheepla

<h6>Oh, and I forgot to mention, not in love with the touch screen on my husband's 610.  Prefer old fashioned buttons.</h6>

Have the 210 and love it.