1. 180 miles
2. Run my first ever 10-mile race
3. End the month ready to taper for marathon #2
Up next: Front Runners New York LGBT Pride 5-mile 06/28 | NYRR Team Championships: Women (5M) 08/02
Goal race: NYCRUNS Haunted Island 10K 10/25
1. 100 miles
2. Finish my upcoming HM w/ a better time than my last HM (Kinda worried about this one given the fact that my last attempted long run on Monday ended short...in pain).
Do not, DO NOT, get injured.
Qualify for a faster corral in a NYRR race. DO NOT PR in my pre-half marathon ten miler.
DO NOT GET INJURED!!
DO NOT GET INJURED. Or I will kill you.
Don't call me Buttercup!
Get healthy. That's my only goal currently. I am in severe running withdrawal. =(
Slow and steady wins the.... wait a second! I've been lied to!
Run my marathon.
Hopefully, I will be able to shake this ITBS problem beforehand. Apparently, I can just *almost* get through a marathon training program without my IT band acting up. Last time I made it 16/18 weeks, this time I made it 15/18 weeks. Sigh. Going to a PT, and hopefully will actually get some real solutions so that this doesn't come back ever again.
My wildly inconsistent PRs:
5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)
10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)
HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)
Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011)
1. Continue training injury free for marathon #6
2. Swim 750 meters consecutive by the end of February
3. Aiming for a very fun personal worst at my 25th Half Marathon @ Disney Princess
- stay healthy
- run what my coach says
- focus on absolutely obliterating my 10k PR on March 17 and doing what I need to do over the next 6 weeks
I don't want to just beat my PR of 38:27, I want to stomp on it and crush it into the ground with authority!!
2014 Goals and PRs:
5k - 17:59 (18:17); 10k - 37:00 (36:42); HM - 1:21:59 (1:24:21); FM - whatever (3:05:46)
1. Don't get injured.
2XU HM - 02 Mar (1:44:55)
BeHero 10K (Hong Kong) - 23 Mar (46:13)
JP Morgan 5.6K - 24 Apr (25:54)
Run350 10K - 27 Apr (56:04)
Sundown 10K - 31 May (59:00)
Sundown HM - 31 May (2:50:00)
Pocari Sweat 10K - 08 Jun (50:03)
Army HM - 31 Aug (2:30:00)
Yellow Ribbon 10K - 14 Sep (52:21)
Newton 32K - 26 Oct
Stand Chart FM - 07 Dec
320 milesNo injuriesCross-training (strength +/- yoga) every other day + abs most daysEat healthier
I admit nothing
to not suck at my marathon
running Pride Run 5M 6/28, Finger Lakes 50k 7/5
Run 120 miles
Maintain or lose weight
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot
Running for TJ
Successful completion of my first HM, in sub 2:00.
1. Finish my race strong Sunday.
2. Slow down and take it easy.
800M - 2:38 (5/28/13) | 1 Mile -5:54 (5/28/13) | 3K - 11:55 (12/29/12) | 2M - 13:00 (12/1/12) | 5K - 20:00 (4/12/13) | 13.1M - 1:37:24 (2/3/13)
- This month starts my HM (#5) training, so whoopee!!
- Stay injury free! I am starting that way and am determined to finish that way.
- Train smart.