Beginners and Beyond

Sup yo Fridailies (Read 39 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning or afternoon or whatever.

Whatcha got

Marjorie

Yo. No work for me today!

I think I will take another rest day after my big 4-mile recovery run yesterday.

Then this afternoon I get on a plane with my family to fly to Florida for a week. So that's something.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

LRB

What up doe!

I have some core and strength on the schedule this morning followed by a short run, and since I am off from work I will probably be loafing around here for a while before I get to either.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, fellow internetters!  Vacation Day!  I'll be getting in a short and easy run at some point this morning.  LR tomorrow.

Last night I did 8 miles at 7:57 pace.  I was expecting to run slow and easy, but I felt great so I went with it.  Really happy with that pace on one of my hill routes.  Wife and I celebrated with Mexican food last night, then I slept nine hours.  Heh.

I think I will take another rest day after my big 4-mile recovery run yesterday.

Enough of this.  Enjoy Florida!  Say hi to flarunner and Damaris for me.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Dave, I assume it's not South Florida, but if it is, let me know if you want some recommendations or a meet.  If it's Middle Florida, enjoy the nice weather.  If it's down here, you're screwed.  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone,

0 miles yesterday. Between hauling my FIL around to appointments and work, it just wasn't happening. Today is less busy, thankfully. I'll be able to run before work tonight.

Have a great day!

Dave, I assume it's not South Florida, but if it is, let me know if you want some recommendations or a meet.  If it's Middle Florida, enjoy the nice weather.  If it's down here, you're screwed.  Enjoy!

It is actually SoFla. We have managed to never take the kids to Disney World. We are seeing my parents who have a place in Boca Raton (aka Del Boca Vista), then driving down to the Key Largo & Key West for a few days. I will let you know if I get some free time to FE.

Weather actually looks beautiful - chance of rain tomorrow, but the rest of the week clear with high ~80 & low ~70. Which is perfect, although will probably feel like the surface of the sun to me after this winter. But I plan to spend a lot of time in the water.

As a side note, one food item I always look forward to down there is the conch chowder. I have never seen that anywhere in the world. Plus there is a Cuban restaurant near my parents' place that we hit every time. No idea how good or authentic it is by Cuban standards, but hard to find anything up north. I am tasting the fried plantains right now.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

If you can drive from Boca, I would go to Cafe Versailles on SW 8th St.  THE authentic Cuban place.  Is the 70-80F for Boca or am I having a cold front?  My highs for next week are predicted as 84-85F which means we will be hitting heat indexes of 90F in some days.  Oh, an enjoy!  Boca is very nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And Jay, cough up the bib #, please!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

I have the day off today. First, I have to make my payment for my registration for the Chicago marathon. I had not planned on going, but they sent me emails after emails to say I had guaranteed entry with my time there last October. They seemed so eager to see me again that I had to accept the invitation.  After that's done, I have four recovery miles. Then a trip to the stores to buy Easter chocolate for the kids and some birthday gifts for family members. Then I must make a menu for the Easter dinner I will serve on Sunday. May God have mercy on us, 'cause I can't cook. Then I will run 15 (maybe) easy miles, later in the afternoon.

And that will be my day, I hope yours is great!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I have the day off today. First, I have to make my payment for my registration for the Chicago marathon. I had not planned on going, but they sent me emails after emails to say I had guaranteed entry with my time there last October. They seemed so eager to see me again that I had to accept the invitation.  After that's done, I have four recovery miles. Then a trip to the stores to buy Easter chocolate for the kids and some birthday gifts for family members. Then I must make a menu for the Easter dinner I will serve on Sunday. May God have mercy on us, 'cause I can't cook. Then I will run 15 (maybe) easy miles, later in the afternoon.

And that will be my day, I hope yours is great!

Yes, you are going!  We need to FE (second time is THE time)!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Yes, you are going!  We need to FE (second time is THE time)!

Yes!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hi! Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread

DaveP MI, have a safe trip.

Rick, enjoy the core, strength, and running.

Phil, have a pleasant run.

Damaris, have a pleasant six-miler.

Nicole, have a great run tonight.

Lily, enjoy your run. Yay for Chicago entrySmile

I'll do a short run and stretching at the gym this afternoon.

LRB

Yes!

Depending on the day and time and my schedule, I may have to show up for that!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up everyone, coffee and some ab strengthening this morning and through out.

Just taking it easy today, ran another 3.3 miles on the Audubon Trails yesterday evening and definitely icing my ankle though it seems to be doing better. I can't wait for that tape to get here, I think I am going to stick to the trails for a while (Nature willing they don't flood).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)