Beginners and Beyond

First 50k Trail Race. I'm in LOVE!!!!! (Read 126 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You wouldn't be willing to go back and hike it and take more pictures would you Wink

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Congrats on finishing your first ultra!!  It sounds like it will be the first of many for you.  What a stunningly beautiful but difficult course.   That elevation map -- yikes!   I'm  glad you had such a rewarding experience.  

Life is good.

Mostly harmless

Just wow! That almost makes me want to try an ultra some day! That course was a real beast. Congrats on finishing and thanks for the RR and the pics!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I too ran this race and I can vouch for its difficulty.  Great job, Cheri, on the race.  We picked such a daunting course for our first ultras.  I think I remember seeing you on the course but I'm not sure.

And for those clamoring for more photos. Link  Look towards the bottom of the link to get a better idea of what Ford Canyon is like (miles 24-28).

You people have issues 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congratulations. I'm happy to see that you had such a good experience, even though the course was tough and you were by yourself a lot. One of the things I dislike about trails is that I'm prone to getting lost too. You handled that well though. The scenery was beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics. That's nice that your dh got to hear how awesome you are. Great job!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wow! I chose a 15k as my first trail race and thought that was ambitious. 50k is badass! You did a great job. What beautiful pictures. Congrats. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

omg Cherie, you are AMAZING !!!!!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations.  You did great, especially after getting sick.  The race sounds like a good challenge.  Where is it?  Superstitions or down near Aravaipa?

Zelanie

Wow, wow, wow!  That is some stunning scenery, but looks like such a challenge to run on!  Or scramble and slide over, as the case may be!  I'm so glad you had a good time.  That's a huge accomplishment.

Just B.S.

SheCan!!! You are awesome! What a trail and what an adventure!

Huge congrats to you. I can feel your excitement and happiness!!

SheCan

MandyMadison--- Sounds like you ran an awesome first ultra!  So when is the next?  Smile

Unfortunately I have to drive quite a ways to get to races like this one, but i do have a couple of little mountain races up next month.

freeSoul87-- You wouldn't be willing to go back and hike it and take more pictures would you Wink

LOL, if it were closer, I'd be out there in a heartbeat!  Fsocks posted a link with other pics of the race on it though along with a few I'd borrowed.

Outof theblue, ImNotScott-- thank you for reading!

Fsocks-- I too ran this race and I can vouch for its difficulty.  Great job, Cheri, on the race

So cool!  You must have passed me as I was heading into the Black Canyon turn- around.  Congratulations to you too on your first ultra also!

GinnyInPA-- Where is it?  Superstitions or down near Aravaipa?

It was in the Aravaipa Mountains, at the White Tank Mountain Park.  I'd never been there before, and am so glad I finally got to see that area.

So_Im_A_Runner, AprilRunner, JerryB49, Zelanie, Just B.S.--- thanks you all!  Ut oh though, I think it might go to my head.  Y'all are awesome.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did I miss those pictures? Dang it, I love pics of trails and stuff... which is why I love lurking in the trail groups.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SheCan

http://www.aravaiparunning.com/photos/Mesquite%20Canyon%20Course/MesquiteCourse130.jpg.php

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

Hell no!  >:-/

LRB

In other news, you rock! 

For where I am, I could not imagine running up that mountain, but you are obviously in another place. 

Love the pics too, congrats!