Beginners and Beyond

St Luke's Half RR - PR!! (Read 79 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

On the other side of the bed?  Haha, cracked me up.  It sounds like you ran so strongly.  I'm so happy for you after all the frustration you had.  Way to give yourself a chance to recover and then keep going too.  It wasn't the time for that big 2:30 time, but to get a PR with what you've been through is awesome.  Stay healthy and keep building!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Jess runs for bacon

Jess!!!  Congrats on the PR, despite all your issues!  I know that hill into the stadium is a bitch after 13 miles, so I wanted to make sure you made it up okay.  And yes, that track feels awesome after all that.  I am proud of you for pushing through, and you looked so happy.  I never would have guessed you had dizziness in the Parkway.  I remember looking at my watch and thinking you were going to make it under 2:45, and that is NOT an easy course to PR on!  Smile

And, now, rest girl, rest!  And when you're ready build up that mileage slowly and concentrate on the short stuff for now to help gauge your progress.  Smile

I gotta make it out to a BCR Saturday run soon.  Despite me not knowing anyone, the group of peeps I was standing with were really cool and so supportive of you and April and the rest of your group.  Very nice people.

Thanks Aimee! Can I spill the beans on your awesome performance?? Please come to BCR, it would be great to see you! They really are a great bunch. The one guy placed third in his age group and still have me a big hug and was super excited for me. Best peeps ever. I will be taking that advice, want to start strong now.

LTH, thank you. I was w really concerned I would have to drop off during that dizzy spell. Still not sure what happened, that was new, but possibly skipping breakfast did it. I ended up taking some Gatorade with my water the next water stop and I think that helped.

Jess runs for bacon

On the other side of the bed?  Haha, cracked me up.  It sounds like you ran so strongly.  I'm so happy for you after all the frustration you had.  Way to give yourself a chance to recover and then keep going too.  It wasn't the time for that big 2:30 time, but to get a PR with what you've been through is awesome.  Stay healthy and keep building!

I got up, but only for wine Smile That sucked too, my house is four stories: the wine is on second and my room is on the fourth. Obviously I bought this house before I became a runner.

Congrats!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Thanks Aimee! Can I spill the beans on your awesome performance??

Sure, go for it!  Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Sure, go for it!  Smile

DAISYMAE GOT AN AG AWARD!!!!! Which is like crazy considering how many people run that 5k. WAY TO GO AIMEE!!!!!

Hip Redux

You crack me up with the smile and trying to get a floater!  At the end of my halfs, I was good to just get one foot in front of the other!  lol

Great job, and congrats on the PR!

Jess runs for bacon

You crack me up with the smile and trying to get a floater!  At the end of my halfs, I was good to just get one foot in front of the other!  lol

Great job, and congrats on the PR!

I have run 30 or so races and nary a one. Want it bad!!!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on finishing strong, despite everything.  Good job.

happylily

You did great, Lilac. Huge congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ball of Fury

Congratulations on a great race and a PR LJ!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Pinktastic

OMG!!  I am so happy for you!!   I know that you were very concerned going into this one and I think it's awesome that you PR'd despite everything!!  Way to hang in there through everything!!  Keep up the great work, Lilac!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Philliefan33

Congrats, Jess!  I'm glad you had a good day, even after all the injury issues leading up to this race.

It was nice to meet you and April.  It seems like your running group is a real nice bunch of folks.

LRB

I know the feeling of running an event and throwing all of your previous goals out of the window and just wanting to run across the finish line, as opposed to taking a DNS or worse, a DNF.

Injuries have a way of humbling us and making you grateful to finish with a time you otherwise would have thumbed your nose at.

It has been a tough road for you with that stupid injury, but you played your cards just right, ran the event and now can now focus on getting healthy.

Congrats!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go, lilac!  Very happy for you and your PR, especially after all you've been having to deal with!  Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt