Beginners and Beyond

$93.50 (Read 176 times)

LRB

At $3.39 a gallon, is what it took to fill up that stupid ass truck of mine!  >:-/

Or maybe I am stupid for continuing to do it every ten days instead of buying a damn car...

...nah, I love trucks too much!   Cool

Docket_Rocket

Hmmm, my hybrid fills up with $50 and lasts me close to 500 miles.....Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

#artbydmcbride

I only put $20 in gas in mine at a time  Cool

Runners run

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

My car only holds 11 gallons, and I pay about the same as LRB per gallon.  I have to top it off every night for receipts, but I drive about 1,000 miles per week.  So, I need fuel efficiency.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Daves_Not_Here

You should see prices out here in CA, $3.39/gallon would be welcomed out this way.

Docket_Rocket

You should see prices out here in CA, $3.39/gallon would be welcomed out this way.

Down here as well.  It's not as high as in Cali but it's still higher than anything around here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I only put $20 in gas in mine at a time  Cool

You crack me up!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I drink about a gallon of beer and run 35 miles a week - so that means I get 35 miles to the gallonBig grin!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love trucks, I love my Tahoe too.......... I don't care how expensive it might be to fill it up, I like being in a nice, large vehicle when there are crazy ass people driving around... I feel safer.

At $3.39 a gallon, is what it took to fill up that stupid ass truck of mine!  >:-/

Or maybe I am stupid for continuing to do it every ten days instead of buying a damn car...

...nah, I love trucks too much!   Cool

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Daves_Not_Here

We've got an Excursion w/ a Triton V10 under the hood....11.5 MPG and a 45 gallon tank. You can imagine what it costs to fill that thing.

hog4life

I'm with LRB and FS, I will always have a truck. But I want a small car for work and town errands, it will be called a "Town Car".

LRB

We've got an Excursion w/ a Triton V10 under the hood....11.5 MPG and a 45 gallon tank. You can imagine what it costs to fill that thing.

$153.00 if you were buying at $3.39.

I owned a Suburban once, which had a 42 gallon tank.  Despite that, man I loved that thing!

Jess runs for bacon

I drove through Jersey this weekend, they pummy your gas so I don't even know what it was.

I drove through Jersey this weekend, they pummy your gas so I don't even know what it was.

Perhaps KayPS can answer the question whether it's a state law for gas attendants to pump gas in Jersey.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Crew_Dawg

I am too big to fit in most vehicles (6'4) so its the price I pay.  And in norther north dakota you have to have a truck, there are more dirt and mud roads than paved

-- Ice, I could ice for hours