Beginners and Beyond

Snowy SATURDAILIES (Read 57 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

10.2 cross country miles, great run, still soggy from all the rain we had yesterday. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks all, eh the hill only makes ya stronger... darn hill!! I am proud of myself, the last mile even with and after that hill was an 8:58 pace so I am pleased. I might complain to somebody about their concrete and course though, the Run of Luck 7k is going to be out there too, but

most of it is supposedly going to be on their little recreational pathway (fingers crossed) so we will see.  I'll be honest, I didn't feel like I was going that fast, my strides were short and I just couldn't lengthen them at all lol. I did a RR by the way!

Glad to hear have had a good time with their runs and races, I haven't decided if I am going to do my 4 miles later today or tomorrow, I will have to check the weather forecast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

flarunner

Enjoy your runs flarunner, LRB and SIAR. And have fun in the snow Kay!

im heading out in a bit to go skiing on some good ol man made snow in the St Louis area. It's going to be nearly 50 degrees, should be fun with my 18 year old DS and his friend. No run today but my LR tomorrow.

Just booked a trip to Ft Meyers Beach Florida in May!! I'm REALLY looking forward to early morning runs on the sand.

@flarunner-what part of Florida are you from?

Few hours north of there in the Tampa Bay area.

outoftheblue

Wait, your doing SF?  Me too!

Yes!  The San Francisco marathon on June 16.   Are you doing it too?  I can almost guarantee that it will not be hot and humid.   You may even need your arm warmers.

Life is good.

Chairman

Easy 12. I am very thankful that the authorities are diligent about plowing the path through the county park. Very sluggish first 4, but got better.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Docket_Rocket

ARM WARMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I registered months ago.  I have the time off but we're still not sure how work will work for my husband, now that he's becoming a hospitalist and stuff.  Hopefully, he will be able to take the weekend off so we can go.

Yes!  The San Francisco marathon on June 16.   Are you doing it too?  I can almost guarantee that it will not be hot and humid.   You may even need your arm warmers.

Sparker, I'm closer to Ft. Myers than flarunner is (although it's sort of halfway from each of us).  If you like the place, there is an inaugural marathon there in November, just saying.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, y'all have been busy!

This morning I did the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo 4-Miler.  It was a lot of fun!  So much fun I guess I got carried away, I took more than 80 photos for this one!  Here is the link to the report and photos. The report is on the main page of this forum somewhere.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/699a4dcff8ef4f70b01882bce80319ef#focus

Tomorrow morning I am doing the Be My Valentine 5K on the San Antonio Riverwalk

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Luke79

3 miles @ HM pace, ended up being 8:34.  That's NOT HM pace for me lol.  I have no discipline :P

Anyways, I feel good.  I'm up for my final long run tomorrow.  I hope it goes well, because I had to work through foot pain again today.  If I can just get this damn HM done, I swear I'll take a week for two off and let it heal up or whatever it needs to do.

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks, everyone. Since this was more of a "workout with company" than a goal race, I don't plan on doing a real race report. I did just find the full results - I was actually 6th of 22 in my AG (30-39) and 13th of 65 women overall. Top third works for me. cheers

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ended up running 8 miles on the trails, for 18 total today. I got there early and ran it to set up the course (4mi), then ran it myself. My prediction time was way off because I ran more slowly to run with one the girls I kinda like, ha. The Montrail shoes from the rep were very comfortable, but not made for sloppy ice and mud we were on.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BruceD555

Baboon – Hope your PT keeps on going well and things get easy soon. Keep hitting the ice and know that all that hard work pre-surgery is paying dividends with how you’re recovering.

AprilRunner – That’s awesome that your road is clear already. I completely understand the annoyance factor with the messy sidewalks. I almost only run in the roads – the only exception is a couple of narrow busy ones that I don’t tempt fate and will hit the sidewalks. Unfortunately, that sometimes means walking them because of the ice.

kristin10185 – Coffee is a REQUIRED start when you’re looking at a snowstorm outside. I too enjoyed reading RedSparkle’s RR and it sounds like you’ve got quite the plan to dust off the Wii for a fun workout today … sure hope your power stays on.

DCDan78 – Have a good day with the kiddos on your SRD.

Docket_Rocket – Hey … send that stupid sun my way and I’ll share some snow with you Wink Good job on hitting the 7 recovery miles already.

Robert31320 – Great job on getting in the early 6.4 miles AND planning more work for your crews. I think you’re correct, they may not let you run in town anymore.

AmiK – That’s awesome your 6 felt great AND at the faster end of easy pace. Enjoy your dinner & movie date with your DH tonight.

StepbyStep-SH – AWESOME job on the race and I think you were wise to run it exactly as your training planned tempo – not raced all out. Nice job on the AG place and overall finish!!

runmomto3boys – You rock! Just think … that pace was MP not that long ago for you. I am amazed at your speed and how you just keep on improving!

FreeSoul87 – That’s fantastic news that your race went well and you bested your goal!! It sounds like you had a great time … despite the evil hill.

So_Im_a_Runner – Sounds like your runs went great today … both with your group and the trail run. Sounds like you had a good time … in spite of going slower than your plan. ;-) What Montrails did you try out? I’m interested because I do have a pair of Brooks trail GTX that I use to run in the slush/slop and they feel OK but are a bit too rigid for my taste.

c0derunner – Great job on the 8 last night and 6.5 today.

LRB – I hate technology sometimes. Great job on shrugging it off and getting in the 7.53 miles – even if it wasn’t your intended workout.

Happylily -  You are seriously quick there woman!! I don’t care if you say you only had 18 miles in you that sounds like a great workout to me. Take care of yourself and hopefully you can get some extra sleep this evening.

Paulajmcd – Ice is the WORST. Good choice on turning around and hitting the TM today instead.

Outoftheblue – Enjoy that recovery run today.

Dtothe2nd – HEY, what’s wrong with your snow? It looks all short and green. Great job on the 10.2 today.

scrape. Glad you had a good 12 today and your paths were cleared. Wish the same was true for our paths today … they were dangerously icy.

Scottydawg – Nice RR on the 4-mile race today! Looks like you had a whole lot of fun, despite the weather!!

Luke79 – Great 3 miles today in spite of the foot pain. Hope you can get some rest to heal up before your HM. Just remember, that’s the purpose of the taper … rest, recover and ready yourself.

I ended up doing 7.5 miles but it was one treacherous endeavor. The roads were mostly snow packed and had frozen slush that made footing tough. To make matters worse there were quite a few icy spots underneath the snow. The park trail (only about a mile worth) was icy death and I’m really fortunate to have not taken a digger.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 17 miles but we’re going to be getting freezing rain changing over to rain in the afternoon. I may just run it indoors at the track on campus – though that means a whole lot of left turns ;-) BTW, I think I’m tiring of this winter running … at least the road conditions.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

4 recovery miles on the PM.  My breathing is officially at below 50%.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Tomorrow is supposed to be 17 miles but we’re going to be getting freezing rain changing over to rain in the afternoon. I may just run it indoors at the track on campus – though that means a whole lot of left turns ;-) BTW, I think I’m tiring of this winter running … at least the road conditions.

Be cautious with that kind of distance on an indoor track - I think it was my 8 miles at MP (320 turns) that tweaked my ankle Thursday. Good luck finding a way to get the miles.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Feeling kind of fatigued today, but figured I should get out & run anyway. Did not bode well that I felt the need to down a shot of Pepto before I went out. Hoping for a medium run of 8 or so, if I could make it. While out, I realized this is my 3rd day in a row of 8-10, so would be too much for me to do my planned LR tomorrow. So I changed strategy mid-run, decided to make this my LR, and ended up doing 15. Longest since my marathon in October.

Moral of the story: just get out and run, good things might happen.

Dave

12 for me. Feeling pretty good but more snow/ice forecast for overnight will not help my mood.