Beginners and Beyond

Swing Low, Sweet SUNDAILIES (Read 79 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Good morning, everyone. I've been MIA with incredible coughing and post-nasal drip. Good time, I say.

I have the B.A.A. HM this morning. I will be thrilled to finish with both lungs intact.

hog4life

Basya, good luck.

Church for me this morning, washing clothes, and I really need to wash and clean the vehicles. then maybe a short recovery run of 2-3 miles. I run a 15k yesterday; there's a RR floating around here somewhere if you care to read.

delicate flower

Good luck with your HM, Basya!  Good luck to all our other races as well.  Big day today!

'Morning!  Lots of misc. STUFF to do today.  I'm hoping to go for a short run later.

<3

LRB

What up doe!

SRD for me. lol

Where my coffee at....

Zelanie

Morning!  10K today, but not sure how much I'm going to race it.  We'll see what the legs feel like doing out there.  If nothing else, I get a good specific endurance workout at HMP.  Or maybe I feel like running faster once it starts.  I do think it's downhill for the whole second half, but you know what that means about the first half, right?

Basya- Good luck!  Hopefully the sinuses clear up with the race effort.

Mitch- Glad you are feeling well after your race.

Phil- Likewise, glad you're recovering well.  Is it still doggie sleepover playdate time?

LRB- Thanks for posting that link.  What better way to waste time before a race than by watching a race?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

8 Miles for me before the sun was even beginning to show, didn't get to run the route I wanted, didn't feel like suffering the hills or running the roads that have no lights on them and lots of trees........ we're getting into rut season ya know and the last thing I want is to get ran over by a buck.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Chicago runners!

Everything on my body hurts today.....sore in places I didn't know I had!! SRD!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.1 for me. Nice and overcast. Great running conditions.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Decided to DNF at Mile 11.  You know me, I never DNF but my psoas and knee have been in pain since I started so I'll leave to fight another day (two weeks, actually)z

Damaris

LRB

Decided to DNF at Mile 11.  You know me, I never DNF but my psoas and knee have been in pain since I started so I'll leave to fight another day (two weeks, actually)z

So today was a supported training run, kewl!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear that D,  hopefully you'll feel better for your next race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

I'm sorry about the DNF, Damaris, although it sounds like it was the right decision.  I didn't know you were struggling with injuries.  Heal up quick and my fingers are crossed you will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is the thing.  I am not injured.  But after my massage on Wednesday, my psoas started hurting and the ITB swell up.  Hubby thinks it was because of the massage.  I just stopped so as not to injured myself.  I am OK with it.

Got to meet RV downing and workinprogress!

Damaris

Ric-G

D - sorry to see this but sounds like you were thinking ahead. hope it comes together in a couple weeks.

basya - finish strong with both lungs

hog  - nice job yesterday

baboon - congrats on yesterday again

lrb - coffee here too

zel - have a great 10k no matter how you race it

free - nice 8

kristin - well deserved srd

marjorie - like clockwork; great 20

easy 6 this am. washing cars and washing dogs is on the schedule and will sneak in some football too. have a great day all.

marathon pr - 3:16