Beginners and Beyond

Are you faster than a 75 year old? (Read 391 times)

Love the Half

My newest issue of USATF's magazine came in today.  This issue was filled with awards.

The USATF Masters Athlete of the Year Award went to Jeanne Daprano.  She runs in the W75-70 AG.  At the World Indoor Championships, she ran 7:13:51 for the mile.

Robert Lida runs in the M75-79 AG.  He was named the WMA Best Master of the World.  He's a sprinter with a 13:49 for the 100, a 27:73 for the 200 and a 1:05:08 for the 400.  (That last one is a 4:21 pace BTW).

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Holy Sheeeiiit

Mmmmm...beer

Damn, time to step it up.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

sugnim

No.  But I'm farter than a smith grader.  Clown

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Oh, even I could run a 100m in 13:49! But probably not in 13.49.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

xor

Oh, even I could run a 100m in 13:49! But probably not in 13.49.

I see what you did there.

Dang it.  Jeanne's mile is 4 seconds faster than mine.  Sad that now my ambition will be to beat a 75 year old woman.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Chairman

Yes

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Rubybaby43

enabler

I'm not faster than that 75-year old...and that's okay by me.

KLO

more miles = more beer

Jeanne would be 76 by the time I finished LOL

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

But is she 200 pounds?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Buelligan

That Robert Lida dude could probably kick my ass in a fight... a real Jets vs. Sharks beat down. The worst part is l couldn't even run away from him.
                          meaghansketch

Yes, actually (though I'm pretty sure that's not something I can brag about).

Now all I have to do is not get slower for the next 45 years.

Just B.S.

Wow they are awesome!!

Close but not quite. My one mile (time trail done during training this year) of 7:20 is not considered fast by

any means for a 50 yr old female but since I couldn't run a mile at all when I was 38 it's a win fo rme.

But I'm sure there is no way I'm going to get anywhere near that when I'm 75. I'm just hoping I can still

walk/run a 5k by then.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, I am.  I am faster than the 75 year old tortoise at our local zoo.  It's close, but I can juuuuust beat him.  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt