Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 29 times)

LRB

I am a fat lazy bum, emphasis on fat.

Go!

From the Internet.

Just a couple easy for me after yesterday's MLR - OMFG MY SHINS ARE 100% NORMAL AGAIN!! Big grin They'd been bugging me off and on for the last couple of weeks, ever since starting to run slower/being on my feet way longer with the low HR Maffetone business. Not enough to stop running, but enough that I was kinda worried and cut back a bit last week, so I am thrilled that it seems like it was just an adaptation thing.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  I blew off my morning run because I didn't feel like morning running, so it'll be 6 miles after work at whatever pace I feel like running once I start running.

Office holiday party today from 12:00 to 5:00.  I look forward to leaving by 3:00.

I had to let at temp go today.  Merry Christmas, lady.  

<3

outoftheblue

Hoping to get in 4 miles today.  Then it's christmas present wrapping time.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailes.

I love short days at work. SRD for me and then I'm driving to San Diego to get DS from school. He will be home for two weeks. Speaking of two weeks, I will also be home for two weeks because today is it for this year. That's a good thing.

See ya.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me.

LRB you are far from fat.

Marjorie

delicate flower

LRB you are far from fat.

Agree to disagree.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Like Jack, early day for me today, leaving at noon - but also like Brilliant (penguin thread), in that although I am feeling better today and back at work, my doc still wants me to come in today and get a few tests to rule out some things. So that will be my afternoon today after I leave here.  Tonite Gail and I are going to a neighborhood Christmas party, so that will be nice.

Tomorrow morning, I have a 5-mile event.  Plan to just do the miles VERY easy and probably will finish well over an hour, but that's okay.  I was also supposed to do an event at 6 PM., but it went right out of my head when I registered last week that the event is at the same time I will be watching with friends the Redskins-Eagles game, friends who are like me, retired military and from the DC area, we all grew up as Redskins fans.   The season this year is a total loss, so we are going to be like one of the DC bars announced they are doing for their customers and Redskins fans, have a 'wake' for the season during the game, lol.    The evening run is for a good cause, so I called one of the contacts at the foundation putting on the race and asked them, since I am pre-registered to donate my entry to someone who maybe did not get in, could not afford it, etc.  The guy thanked me and said he had just such a person in mind.  So glad the entry is not going to waste.

So that will give me 75 races for 2014 - tied with 2013 - instead of 76, and that's still not too bad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh yeah, LRB, you are soooo darn fat. 

Yay for 100% normal shins, Lauren!

Sounds like you are feeling better, Damaris!  Good luck with the workout!

6 miles AFTER the holiday party, Baboon?  Good luck with that!

Hope you get your 4 miles in, OOTB!  Good luck with the wrapping!

Enjoy that time off, Jack, and the time with your family!   Yeah, the university is shutting down for two weeks also, pretty much - security folks, computer folks, etc, will still be around somewhat - but we can come in for some hours each day if we want to earn 'comp time' hours to be used later, so I will probably do that for the odd day or two or three over the next couple of weeks.  Never know when some extra 'time-off' hours might come in handy!

Congrats on 10.2, Majorie. And safe travel for your holiday traveling!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Like Jack, early day for me today, leaving at noon - but also like Brilliant (penguin thread), in that although I am feeling better today and back at work, my doc still wants me to come in today and get a few tests to rule out some things. So that will be my afternoon today after I leave here.  Tonite Gail and I are going to a neighborhood Christmas party, so that will be nice.

Tomorrow morning, I have a 5-mile event.  Plan to just do the miles VERY easy and probably will finish well over an hour, but that's okay.  I was also supposed to do an event at 6 PM., but it went right out of my head when I registered last week that the event is at the same time I will be watching with friends the Redskins-Eagles game, friends who are like me, retired military and from the DC area, we all grew up as Redskins fans.   The season this year is a total loss, so we are going to be like one of the DC bars announced they are doing for their customers and Redskins fans, have a 'wake' for the season during the game, lol.    The evening run is for a good cause, so I called one of the contacts at the foundation putting on the race and asked them, since I am pre-registered to donate my entry to someone who maybe did not get in, could not afford it, etc.  The guy thanked me and said he had just such a person in mind.  So glad the entry is not going to waste.

So that will give me 75 races for 2014 - tied with 2013 - instead of 76, and that's still not too bad.

SLACKER!  Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Agree to disagree.

Scotty that's a lot of damn race reports my goodness!

All done with work for the year as of yesterday. So got to run at my favorite time, about 10AM. A bit chilly outside, 24 deg / 19 windchill, still not quite used to it so wore my jacket. But warmed up pretty well & unzipped it near the end. 6 miles.

Dave

LRB

All done with work for the year as of yesterday. So got to run at my favorite time, about 10AM. A bit chilly outside, 24 deg / 19 windchill, still not quite used to it so wore my jacket. But warmed up pretty well & unzipped it near the end. 6 miles.

I like this post for what is not there. 

LRB

I just had my first ever sub from Penn Station, grilled artichokes, mushrooms, provolone and parmesan. BOING!