Beginners and Beyond

Texas Rangers Labor Day Race Report (Read 36 times)

PADRunner

The inaugural Rangers Labor day Race in 2012 was my first big race, greater than 1000 participants, after  a year and a half of trying and 6 months of actually running. So I wanted to run it again this years as a kind of measurement of my progress. I think I heard there were over 2000 this year.

The weather was looking pretty bad 85+ but we got a break, cloudy with scattered showers and a cold front. Here rain is an improvement this time of year and a cold(cool) front is rare. It was about 85 at the start 77 at the finish. High is still supposed to be 100 today.

2012 36:19
    2013 33:38
    Slow progress but progress. Most of it has been in the last three months. Must be the natto I've been eating.

Now some pics.
    I had tickets to the Ranges game Friday.

The finish is over there on the 3rd base side running track.

Last week in the 10k I beat Wonder Woman and Batman, this week I beat Yu Darvish. Smile

Finish line crowd

The worst part of the race.

Some shots of the stadium

View from the cheap seats.

I think they should let us run around the bases next year!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job and progress.  Congratulations!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Glad you've been able to do some consistent running and that you're seeing some improvements from it.  Keep on working at it and those times will keep rewarding you.  That looks like a very run race!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Zelanie

Nice job, and almost a minute per mile improvement in a 5K is nothing to shake a stick (or a bat) at!

LRB

We have a similar event here at Comerica Park, and to your question of running around the bases, if a runner steps onto the field, they are shot!

No matter how you slice it, that is a helluva 5k improvement there!  I would love to go to a game there to sit in the "Tiger Stadium" themed right field bleachers.

Hip Redux

That's a great improvement over a year!

So wait, did you have to run the stairs?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well done, PAD. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "slow progress." You are out there doing it and getting it done, and that is progress. Keep it up!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice improvement for you over last year, way to go!  I did not realize you lived in Texas, too.  Yeah, our weather is flippin' brutal!  Nice that you got to run in part of the stadium!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

We have a similar event here at Comerica Park, and to your question of running around the bases, if a runner steps onto the field, they are shot!

No matter how you slice it, that is a helluva 5k improvement there!  I would love to go to a game there to sit in the "Tiger Stadium" themed right field bleachers.

Yea they had it well guarded and fenced. That's the "All You Can" eat section at the stadium. Smile

Oski - No we didn't have to run the stairs. Just climbing them after the race was tough.

PADRunner

Nice improvement for you over last year, way to go!  I did not realize you lived in Texas, too.  Yeah, our weather is flippin' brutal!  Nice that you got to run in part of the stadium!

Yeah just up the street a bit. I need to come down for one of your races sometime.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Cool race! Congrats on the progress!!! I wish I could run a race in Mets Citifield. I was so excited when they were hosting an All Star 5K to correspond with the All Star game this year, but BOO they ran it in a park instead. Nice RR I enjoyed the pics

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Nice job on the improvement, PADRunner!  Cool venue.  I'd love ro run a race that ends in a stadium like that.  The Red Sox offer one, but it's expensive and you have to raise a rediculous amount of money as well.

<3

Great job, PAD.

I agree, that is not slow progress, that's a big ol' hunk of progress.