Beginners and Beyond

Who have you met famous in the running world?? (Read 384 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Okay, I'm warning you, do not laugh at me...Big grin I met Cindy and Christy, the famous Canadian twin sisters who created runningskirts.com. Big grin Maybe not as inspiring as Sister Madonna Buder, but Cindy and Christy are mothers, successful business owners and they run sub-1:25 HMs. Cindy's goal for the full is a sub-3:05. Not bad for busy moms/business owners! Whenever I have a question for runningskirts, I always get one of them to assist me. They are great gals.

At the Runner's World HM, they had a "skirtacular" aid station and they were giving away triathlon skirts. One of them helped me put mine on. In the middle of a race! I've also met Mark Remy and Bart. Nobody else though.
    xor

You met Mark?  I hope you were nice to him.  Otherwise he'd disappear you.

Village people

You met Mark?  I hope you were nice to him.  Otherwise he'd disappear you.

Don't make fun of his book or he'll make a whole forum disappear.

xor

No, actually.  He won't.  At least not here.

Welcome to RA!

(repost of my conspiracy theory:  I guarantee you that they are high fiving the NRR exodus over there.  This is why they've left up all threads and pointers to RA.)

A nun who is elderly and runs marathons??  I don't know what part of that I love more!  I'm Catholic and I love nuns.  I'm probably going to BE elderly before I ever get a chance to run a marathon, so she brings me great hope.

I would love to meet John (What was it?  The King of Mediocrity?  lol) Bingham.  Although I can't help but notice that one of his earlier books is dedicated to his wonderful, devoted wife and also mentions his way cool running coach.  Then in a later book, that running coach has become his wife. 

I served pizza to John Farah after he ran an ultra.  He's an older guy who came here from Palestine and has run some 5 million marathons.  I got his book for my Kindle and it was funny.  He was a true gentleman in person.

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

I would love to meet John (What was it?  The King of Mediocrity?  lol) Bingham.  Although I can't help but notice that one of his earlier books is dedicated to his wonderful, devoted wife and also mentions his way cool running coach.  Then in a later book, that running coach has become his wife. 

He's a bit over the top at these expos, but in fairness, 'mad props' to the dude for marketing himself, resulting in making enough money to quit his day job. 

xor

Just to clarify, that elderly nun who "runs marathons" does so after swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112.  She was a Kona fixture for years.

Village people

No, actually.  He won't.  At least not here.

Welcome to RA!

(repost of my conspiracy theory:  I guarantee you that they are high fiving the NRR exodus over there.  This is why they've left up all threads and pointers to RA.)

I'm sure you're right. 

TakeAHike

I know Mike Marsh, who won a gold medal in the 200 in the 1992 Olympics.  He beat Frankie Fredericks in the final. Michael Johnson did not make it out of the semi-final.  Mike is a very classy guy.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Goorun

Well, how much time do you have ?

Slow and steady never wins anything.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yay! Hi Goo!!!!

What is that in your avatar?

runmomto3boys

Well, how much time do you have ?

YAY!!!!  Hi, Goo!!!

As far as the OP is concerned, no one - boo, hiss.

Singer who runs a smidge

I've met Amanda in Atlanta ... no wait, that's the "Who have you had an FE with" thread ...

Yeah, I've got nobody.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

I've met Katrina (RedSparkle), and for us who have, you know she's super cool and famous! Cool

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Gravelrunner

Running blows

Bart Yasso, 2005 RWOL FE @ Rosebud Italian Restaurant, Chicago.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?