Beginners and Beyond

Miles Game Refugees! (Read 68 times)

SusanRachel

Hi y'all,

Those of us interested in continuing some form of the Miles Game are over on Facebook in a closed group.  Not surprisingly, the group is called Miles Game Refugees.  We have strong showings from some teams, ones and twos from others, but have no one from Sole Train, Hill Killers, Margaritaville Miles, and Pavement Pounders (at least who have posted miles for this week), leading me to believe the word hasn't gotten out on those teams yet.

The plan: we will be posting miles with no competition for the next few weeks as we get assembled and get the word out.  Once we figure out who is still playing, we will be able to organize the competition.  If there are several teams that are very small, they might be combined with one another or added to the bigger, more active teams depending on what the members want.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

1) Hop on over to the page, join if you haven't already, and post your miles for last week.  You will need to be invited by a current member or approved by an admin before you can post.

2) Email, IM, FB, smoke signal, morse code or any other means you want, but ***get the word out to your teammates.***

3) Share ideas of what you would like to see from the teams and the new game.

4) If you were previously in the game and would like to rejoin your old team, join and post.  If you know who your captain is, shoot them a message so they can track you.  If not, just post.  They'll figure it out eventually.

5) If you were not playing but would like to join the fun, feel free to post as Team Available and you will be added to a team in a few weeks once things shake out.

In the mean time, Run Strong! 

SusanRachel

Captain, Free Agents

Chief Boss Person, Miles Game Refugees

hog4life

Susan, I'll pass this on to the Margaritaville team, we still have an active FB group.

SusanRachel

Great!  I knew MM was active, so was surprised not to see any of y'all posting miles.  I'll be looking for you on the thread.  Smile

hog4life

How is South Bama treating you? I'm near Huntsville and I'm ready to move north, waaaaaaay north.

SusanRachel

It's a little hot and humid, but generally fine.  I'm just glad to be back running after being on IR for 4.5 months!  I won't be sorry to PCS out of here when the time comes though.

hog4life

Susan, everyone has elected to just stay with the FB group.

SheCan

SusanRachel, how nice of you!  I knew there was a FB group, but I guess it didn't sink in that there would be a continuation of the game--- drain bamage on my part.  Thank you for posting this. 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

It's a little hot and humid, but generally fine.  I'm just glad to be back running after being on IR for 4.5 months!  I won't be sorry to PCS out of here when the time comes though.

Great to hear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SusanRachel

Sad

Susan, everyone has elected to just stay with the FB group.

MothAudio

MRT still has our FB group. Some members have chosen to join the MGR group and others just post their miles in our group and I transfer the info.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile