Beginners and Beyond

March - in like a polar bear, out like a ? SunDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Good morning!

Skipping the group run this AM because snow apparently thinks that it is too legit to quit.   Headed to the TM after closing out the month at work.

LRB

'Sup!

It is in the single digits outside with fresh snow but I am going to tough it out and run outside.  So I guess that makes me a polar bear, although they come equipped to handle these temps so I guess that just makes me dumb.

StepbyStep-SH

SRD for me. I did shovel half the driveway already (-6*, feels like -25*). I'll get the other half after it warms up a bit. You know, maybe to a positive number? sigh.

I will also find time for some yoga or stretching. Running my first 60+ mile week in nearly a year (last one was mid-March of 2013) has me a wee bit tired. Especially since my average for the last year was only about 38 mpw.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Guess what? its snowing!  I would love to wake up someday soon and not have it not snowing, perhaps

by May. Smile. About 4 inches down so far and roads not plowed. The lack of sidewalks and 5-6 ft

Snowbanks have made it dangerous to run outside when driving visibility is limited.

Todays plan was 14 miles outside, will wait a few hours and if still snowing will run on the mill.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Raining for us, so glad I ran yesterday. 31 degrees out with a feels like 22 and winds of 12 mph.... Freezing rain and sleet throughout the day so yuck.

Can anybody find an ancient dance ritual that makes the sun come out and the cold weather go away? They've got the freaking rain dance damn it, they've got to have something!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Can anybody find an ancient dance ritual that makes the sun come out and the cold weather go away? They've got the freaking rain dance damn it, they've got to have something!

I see 30s in the forecast by weeks end, so there may be hope for us yet.  Or maybe not!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  We will bike long tonight.

Hope Andrea makes the dance work and you guys can get sun and some warm weather.  I'm blowing the weather that way, if that helps.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wait, I ain't doing the dance dang it!

We've got tomorrow snow with a high of 26 and then temps will begin rising into the 40's.......... so just maybe, just maybe.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Hope Andrea makes the dance work and you guys can get sun and some warm weather.  I'm blowing the weather that way, if that helps.

No thank you, I want a Michigan spring.  Not that crazy shit we had two years ago when it as 85 degrees in March!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I might move Monday's run to Tuesday, the snow doesn't bug me but the 18 degrees with a feels like 4 and 15 mph winds do. I am just praying for this crap to stop.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No thank you, I want a Michigan spring.  Not that crazy shit we had two years ago when it as 85 degrees in March!

Well, make up your mind! 

Damaris

Just B.S.

Our average daily temps for a normal May would be 50 f.

I am not asking for much in March and April. Something around 25-30 f and no snow

would feel like paradise compared to Dec thru now.

Winter comfort food is great though. Baked beans in the crockpot and cornbread being made

After the run.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Cornbread, YUM.

Our average daily temps for a normal May would be 50 f.

I am not asking for much in March and April. Something around 25-30 f and no snow

would feel like paradise compared to Dec thru now.

Winter comfort food is great though. Baked beans in the crockpot and cornbread being made

After the run.

PRs

delicate flower

Skiing today.  Morning break time.  Just taking it easy.  It's cold here.

<3

Happy Sunday, people!

Jay, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your post-work run.

Rick, have fun outside.

Shari, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Beth, have a pleasant fourteen-miler.

FreeSoul87, that would be wonderful.

Damaris, have a great ride.

10.0 miles outside in 1:39:27. 9:57 pace. Yay for the outdoors, but I had planned on thirteen. Around mile seven, it began snowing lightly and the wind kept making the snowflakes whack me in the eyes, so I had trouble seeing. I'll do thirteen at the gym after work tomorrow. Mother Nature is such a tease.