Beginners and Beyond

Fresh and Funky FRIDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Hello, hello.

I didn't run this morning. I slept through two alarms. I feel  mildly crappy. Congested. Coughing. Actually, I've been that way all week. Today, I feel worse. I'll do Rick's intervals after work, if I'm up to it.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Mornin' Basya!  Hope you feel better soon!

So, I haven't run at all this week, not exactly what I had in mind for my taper, but I definitely feel rested. lol  Cold and raining today, but I'm gonna suck it up and get some miles in.  Went for a massage yesterday, my first one ever, she found tight spots where I didn't even know I had muscles.  She said I really need to incorporate stretching into my routine, I'm pretty much the most inflexible person in the world, so I guess I'll start doing some research on that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Thursday: 8 miles 1:15:43 - 9:27 avg. pace - easy in short pants. Hip was creeky after my run but surprisingly better this morning. I really need to stretch more. Felt great to feel the warm sun on my skin again, even as it was slipping into the west. Looks like our forecast is even better than yesterday's so I hope to take advantage between categorizing my iTunes library and sketching out graphics for the Mini. Run inspired!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

delicate flower

Good morning, Happy Friday, and el chimichanga morroco!  Feel better soon, Basya!

I have runs to report:  Last night was 8 easy/medium effort miles at 8:17 pace.  Same old roads, but I pieced together a new-to-me route that included three stright miles of gentle uphill.  Good run.  This morning I hit the gym early for 8 easy treadmill miles.  I wanted to get that run in early today to maximize leg rest time for tomorrow's LR.  Ok then.

Speaking of tomorrow, it'll be around 30 degrees when I start my run.  I'm so happy I could cry.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

GPS devices are just awful! A route I've ran many times and it has always given me an elevation gain of around 250 feet or something like that, this morning I supposedly had 925 feet of elevation gain and 1,017 feet of loss lol. Wow, I wish!

Anyways, 6.2 miles for me and Rocky , we were out the door by 5:30 and the sun was already coming up - YAY for longer days!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I want to bike tonight.  If the weather is not happy with that, I shall run another mile or so.  I am back!

Good luck, Dave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

Basya - Hope you feel better soon!

7 indoor track miles for me on dead legs. But I am looking forward to tomorrow: OUTSIDE! The streets are cleared up enough to run without too much fear of ice, temps will be in the teens, and I have 20 on the schedule. I'll have company for 8 miles of it when I hook up with a local group for their run, but the rest may be on my own.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Oh no! Be careful, Basya, don't make things worse with a hard workout! If you do the intervals, make sure you rest well after your run.

Glad to hear that the weather is getting milder for you, guys. It's been cold, here, but seasonably so, with beautiful blue skies and bright sunshine. Perfect for skiing. No, I don't ski. I'm thinking of moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Is Walt's home for sale? I bet there's a good deal on that one.

I have my second medium LR of the week scheduled today. Easy pace, but I will do another hill workout. It breaks the monotony of slow LRs. Still no work for me today due to spring break and all my pre-schoolers are staying home with their older siblings who are off of school. Yeah!

Enjoy your day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Hey everyone!  6-8 easy for me tonight.  Have a great day!

LRB

Sup crew!

I did 14 minutes of mrytle walks on the treadmill with the red band, then 4 easy miles.

outoftheblue

12 miles done last night.  My upper hamstring has been acting weird lately.  It doesn't bother me at all when I run, not even at the beginning.  But about a half an hour after I'm done, it begins to ache and I can feel mild pain when I push off of it walking, or bend forward.    But, by this morning its mostly better.  It's done this after my last couple of longer runs.  I am taking today as a RD and am debating whether to skip my 10K time trial on Saturday, as I'm afraid speed may worsen it.  

It's a dilemma because the pain isn't there when I'm actually running.  But doing some internet research on high hamstring pain, I invariably come across the horror stories of those who didn't listen to those little niggles and wound up missing months of running.    I'll see how it is tomorrow, I guess and re-evaluate.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Cutback Friday. Weeeee!

4 Easy miles on the TM this morning. That's about all I got today.

Have a good one!

- Andrew

LRB

Blue, sounds like something some gentle stretching may cure at the glute/hamstring insertion point.  If it does not cause you discomfort to do so.

Yugo8

Why is it so dead in here today?  

Finishing an incredibly busy week, I was lucky find time to get out for a quick 4-mile run.  I decided to push it a little without looking at the watch, and finished really well, doing the last 2/3 mile at 6:28 pace (I turned on my Garmin after I turned  onto the street my office is located, and I wanted to measure the exact distance from that corner to my office - yes, I have problems ).  I am officially seriously beginning to think about doing speedwork now.  I pretty much never do it.  

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, it's Friday and people have left the building?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page