Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 45 times)

Morning, people.

Brrr. Not going out there. Well I guess I have to go to work, but not to run.

On the treadmill: 4.25 mi warmup, 4x1200 @6:40 w/400m rec, 2 mi cooldown. 10 mi total.

Have a day.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wishing ice to either melt in the next 30 minutes or the city school officials to pull their heads out of their asses & close. Treadmill after work. The entire Baltimore metro area is an ice skating rink, I am not looking forward to this drive.

delicate flower

Good morning and whatnot!  How are you all feeling this morning yeah that's great.  I've got an hour of easy running on the schedule today.  It'll be nice enough to run outside but the roads are still covered in packed snow and there are no shoulders to run on.  Soooo, I'll decide as I am driving through town on my way home whether it'll be a treadmill run on an outdoor run.  It'll probably be a treadmill run.  I am also hoping to get away from my desk for an upper body workout sometime this morning.

Another major snowstorm coming Thursday, though it looks like it'll only glance us and hammer areas to the east.  Hey, as long as it doesn't hit me!  Boston though?  Good luck with allll that.  And speaking of weather, they are predicting the coldest weather in years starting Thursday and lasting at least through the weekend.  Yay for us.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates, 6 miles and heavy weights tonight.  I had a long day at work yesterday and I am just trying to catch up on everything else.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Stress day. I get to start it out by interviewing a local running store owner for a local magazine article about running (which I can't do at the moment), then drive over an hour to find out from the sports med people at Mayo what the future holds for my running.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Good luck Step!

I ran 8 last night. Same thing coming up this morning.

B-Plus

Happy 427th to Scotty!

Docket_Rocket

Happy 427th to Scotty!

LMFAO.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Morning, people.

'Sup True!

3 miles easy + 5 x 1000 intervals at VO2 max done on the treadmill.  Believe me when I tell you that I did not want any part of a speed work session this morning right up until the moment it was time to fire it up, ugh.

Turned out to be a solid workout though which says something for the obligations of training goals.

Now it's time to do what I do; gain weight. lol

Little Blue

Hip Redux

Stress day. I get to start it out by interviewing a local running store owner for a local magazine article about running (which I can't do at the moment), then drive over an hour to find out from the sports med people at Mayo what the future holds for my running.

Good luck!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got an annoying head cold, but Rocky and I got out on the roads this morning just after 4 AM for 5.1 miles then I headed to the gym for 1 hour and 7 minutes of circuit training, while adding a couple other workouts to it... hopefully I won't regret it.

Lat Pull Down - 6 sets of 12 reps / 40 lbs
                          Seated Chest Press - 6 Sets of 12 Reps / 35
                          Seated Leg Curls - 6 Sets of 8 reps / 25 or 30 lbs (I can't remember)
                          Torso Rotation - 6 sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs
                          Rear Delt - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs
                          Fly Delt - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs
                          Hip Abductor - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 25 lbs
                          Seated Row - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 40 lbs
                          Standing Tricep Cable Pull Down - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 30 lbs
                          Seated Leg Extension - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 25 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope it is good news for you.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So I slipped on the ice on my driveway going out to my car, and went down hard on the pavement. On my knee. Yes the same one. Fuck. It hurt like a MF, ripped a hole in the knee of my pants, and left a nice bit of road rash. Hope to god it will not be anything lingering. At least I got my workout in already today, and tomorrow is SRD.

Dave

Little Blue

So I slipped on the ice on my driveway going out to my car, and went down hard on the pavement. On my knee. Yes the same one. Fuck. It hurt like a MF, ripped a hole in the knee of my pants, and left a nice bit of road rash. Hope to god it will not be anything lingering. At least I got my workout in already today, and tomorrow is SRD.

Ah, geez!  It's always something.  I'd suggest ice, but it sounds like that's the last thing you need!  Hope it's nothing.