Beginners and Beyond

Moving forward SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

flarunner

Mornin' Shari. Mornin' Everyone!

Did 8 miles this morning.

Have a great day and great weekend everyone!

StepbyStep-SH

The manhunt has ended, but the questions remain. Hats off to all those involved in capturing the bomber, and my continued prayers for those killed and injured this week.

My target for today is 18 miles, about 10 of those with a friend. I am willing to modify that plan though, and cut it down to 15 if I'm just not feeling it, or bump it up to 20, just for the psychological benefits, if I feel good. And I'll be dressed in full winter gear - it is currently 24* here. Yay, spring. Not.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Out to run with the group. It's their last mp run, so I'm helping them with that (and kinda just running along). There's snow on the ground, 3 days after it hit 80 here. I'm gonna freeze!

Fla...well done with the early 8.

Step...yep, lots of questions, and hopefully lots of prayers and positive thoughts. Enjoy your winter attire - I'm in the same - and good luck with the run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Heading out in a few for 8 miles with the group. One of my friends who was at Boston will be there today. I can't wait to give him a big hug.

LRB

Supp!

The sky was near bright at 6:20 this morning, odd because the two times I left to run at that time this week, it was pitch black dark.

I have some type of speed work thingy on the docket today, but first I will need to get jizzed up with caffeine to deal with the sudden drop in temps and 18 MPH wind gusts, brr.

BruceD555

Morning folks. There's a whole lot of "not spring" going on out there right now. I'll eventually go out for 13 miles, but for now I'm content to sit in my recliner and drink coffee.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Ball of Fury

6 miles easy @ 10:00/mile at 4:45 AM!  Tights, jacket, gloves, and hat!  I swear if it's 80 on race day in 2 weeks, I am going to lose it!!  Off to work for 12 hours....yay!  Have a good day all!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I believe I already posted a WTF last night just based on this morning's forecast. Awoke to the sound of thunder, and snow on the ground; 30 deg & 20mph wind. So it bears repeating: WTF??? (Cue Damaris for the counterpoint.)

On the other hand, isn't it nice to be back to complaining about the weather?

Planning about 8 today, at some indeterminate time later.

Have a great day everyone?

Dave

LRB

I believe I already posted a WTF last night just based on this morning's forecast. Awoke to the sound of thunder, and snow on the ground; 30 deg & 20mph wind. So it bears repeating: WTF??? (Cue Damaris for the counterpoint.)  On the other hand, isn't it nice to be back to complaining about the weather?

Indeed.  You know it's windy when blades of grass are moving, which wouldn't be so bad if it were 50 degrees....

Imma 'bout to freeze my damn ding a ling off.  Aye!

delicate flower

'Morning, and Happy Weekend!  DW and I had a very nice day off together yesterday.  We've got some grocery shopping to get done today, but other than that I have no idea.  Maybe a spin later.

<3

Luke79

It's even cold as shit (relatively speaking) in Louisiana this morning.  That being said, it's supposed to be 72° for the high today, so it's a short-lived cold snap.  I see it as 1 last "fuck you" from old man winter as he falls of the cliff into nothingness for the season.

SRD.  I'll ride the bike later.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

URD yesterday, running a Boston memorial run today, 4.09 miles, 300+ people signed up for it.  I'll run some more miles after that.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

14.05 miles run with the group today.  They were doing 2+10MP+2 today, so I hung back with the girl that was doing an 8:20 pace while the others did theirs at 8:10.  Since both were still going to be slower than my normal run pace, I figured it'd be nice to give her someone to run with.

I had been thinking of 14 on my own tomorrow too, but I'll probably drop it back to 10 with a few MP miles in there just so I don't do too much running this weekend.  I'll still hit about 65 miles this week, so that's probably plenty now that I'm basically a week out.

Enjoy the chilly weekend!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

outoftheblue

Good morning!

Here in California we fast-forwarded thru Spring right to Summer.  It's going to be in the 80s this week.  I'm heading out for 17 miles this morning before it gets too hot.

Dto2nd -- Hope your memorial run goes well.  Lot's of prayers are needed for those affected..

Life is good.