Beginners and Beyond

Celebration Saturdailies (Read 46 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Hip Redux

It's saturday.  It's the weekend.   It's sunny out.  What are YOU celebrating?

This upcoming week is Mr. Oski's birthday and also our 9th wedding anniversary.  When we were picking  a date for our wedding, I figured choosing something close to his birthday would at least help me remember the dates.  Nope.  I always get it wrong.  Or forget.  Or both.    However, this year I'm all over it and already have his gifts purchased and everything.  Go me!

I will be running this afternoon and then will be heading to the movies with the Mr. O.

Congratulations Oskis! What movie!

Getting ready to go for a run, I could be celebrating being able to do that, but I'd better avoid celebrating too soon & wait till I've actually done it.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Just B.S.

Happy almost anniversary Oski!!

I am celebrating an anniversary today!  The 10th anniversary  of my first half marathon is today.

On August 10, 2003 I did my first race ever at age 41 after 4 years of running and tomorrow I will celebrate it

by running the same hometown half for the 8th time and my 26th half marathon.  Back then I just ran it and

had no thought to what I would do in the future or even if I would ever race again. Can't believe 10 years later

I'm old and still at it and doing fulls and tri's as well. You never know what the future holds.

Running it with RSX which will make it fun and memorable.

Hubby is also running of course but he will be far far ahead Smile

Today is RD and packet pick-up and hanging out with RSX!

Have a great weekened!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5. Now at the puppy pool

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  20 miles done.  I had to start at 5am due to the heat and even then it was 88F and soon 92F and steamy.  And let's not talk about the. Dewpoint.

Still, a good run.

Happy Anniversay, Oski!!!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just running today. Nothing special, no workout, just covering miles (once I get my butt out the door anyway).

Beth...hope it's a great race!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Happy Runniversary BS! Have a good race tomorrow & make sure to post plenty of FE pics.

Hi Marj!

8.3 for me today. Felt more or less OK. Longest run post-injury, which looking at my log is about 7 weeks. And a 20-mile week, also the most since then. I've been trying to keep the pace real easy; today was 9:03, which is a bit faster than it's been lately. Not intentional, just came out that way. (Not watching it during the run - Garmin battery dead, ran with iPhone Strava app, only saw at the end.)

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Saturday, Dailies!

Happy (almost) anniversary, Oski!

4.7 mile race this morning, the Missionary Ridge Road Race in Chattanooga, TN. 41:09 unofficial net time, about a half minute slower than last year's time. Frankly, I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I haven't been doing interval training lately, and my hill training has been lacking as well. I'm pleased with the results, though I did go out a little fast in hopes of breaking the 40 minute mark.

The Missionary Ridge race is 40 years old.. It is run atop Missionary Ridge and presents a couple of spectacular views of downtown Chattanooga from a moderately high elevation standpoint. There are no huge hills, but the entire course consists of rolling hills with almost no flat running.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ric-G

oski - congrats on a different type of 9

dave - have a good one

just b  - happy 10th...running

Marjorie - nice 10

D - great 20 in that heat

SIAR - covering miles sounds good to me

dave - good job post injury

tom - congrats...interesting course with no flats

12 this AM for me. going for a hike soon and then buying some soccer gear for my older son. have a great Saturday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

What up doe crew!

I did the Medals4Mettle 13.1 mile run today and decided to incorporate some marathon pace stuff in there.

It has been a really hectic week for me and I didn't get to bed last night until after 1:00 after a few drinks, so when the alarm rang at 5:00 am I had a good mind to shoot that fucker and go back to sleep!

As it is, I made it in time for the 7:00 am start and my plan today was to just run easy until my body told me it was time to run at MP, which is usually around mile 3 ish.  Today though I did not hit it until mile 7, doh!

9:04

8:18

7:48

7:41

7:36

7:34

7:25

7:23

7:22

7:23

7:25

It was a tough run as mentally I was just not up for it but I toughed it out and got it done.  Next time out things at the crib should be back to normal, and it should be more indicative of a true MP training run.

But to illustrate how far I have come in running, today's "training run" was actually a three minute half marathon personal best, so there is that.

And now it is time to reward myself with some pizza and wine at the movies.  On tap is 2 Guns.

Peace!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Happy anniversary, Oskis! (Oskii?)

5 miles with the group this morning. It was an alright run. Not bad, not great. Now I'm trying to be proactive with my weekend chores  I can sit on my bum after my LR tomorrow.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, and Happy Runaversary, BS!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

*fly by posting*

Just dropped a new 5K PR by six seconds.  21:17.  It is a tough course and I'm stoked.  Beat last year's race time by 2:30.

Going to a peach festival now!

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Happy Anniversary Oskis.

Good luck Beth at your HM (and happy raceversary).

Nice running Ricky. You're a speedy dude.

Everyone else, good running!

I planned on 16 this morning, but at mile 15 I was 2 miles from home. So 17 miles done @ a 9:15 pace.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew