Beginners and Beyond

Frederick Half Marathon RR (aka my first half and how AWESOME it was) (Read 152 times)

GC100k

Good job.  Way to get it done.

Way to go!  Beat your super secret time goal and be entertained by the Official Course Liar, that's a Win-Win HM. Proud of you.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

BenTN

WTG Buttercup! :P

Congrats on your first half!  Are you feeling accomplished?  You should be!   And I agree about hills at the end....they suck.  Smile

RabbitChaser

Great job, Di! Congrats on blowing past your secret goal for your first HM!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations, darlin! I remember your public goal was under 3 hours. Pshaw. You KILLED it. Smile Great job.

Mostly harmless

Scott!  How did you do? Did you have a good day?

I had a great day. I'm working on a RR now. Congrats again!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Love the Half

Congrats on getting in your first race.  You're not far from what my time was in my first HM.  Actually, if you gender norm it, you're pretty much dead on.  The next time I'm a spectator at a race, I swear I'm going to set myself up as that "Official Course Liar."  That was great.  I hate the "Rocky" and "Eye of the Tiger" stuff and love it when someone has a "You're Almost There" sign at Mile 2 of a marathon.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Welcome to the half marathon club!!!!

So when is the next????

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congratulations Di!  You did great.  You had perfect weather for it.  What was the course like?  Hilly?    I live nearby, and might do it next year.

Oh, Ginny, you HAVE to do this race.  It's SO pretty.  It meanders through historic Frederick and the houses are SO pretty.  Course support was FANTASTIC - little old ladies sitting outside their houses clapping, people with boom boxes, little kids handing out water, etc, etc.  It was great.  The course is NOT hilly, very very small kind of rolling inclines, but really, very minor.  Just the one big hill at the end that SUCKS.   But like I said, I don't "do" hills, so it's possible that I'm exaggerating it.  Look for ImNotScott's RR - he may have a different take on it. =)

For everyone who asked when my next one is - October, people!!   Doing the half at the Green Mountain Marathon.  I've been registered for it for ages, but I wanted to wait until after yesterday to commit to anything else.  Looks like I'll be doing the Rock N Roll half in New Orleans next Feb, too, but that's mostly for a FE more than anything.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congats on finishing your first! And smashing ypur goals!! Great job!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

I've been looking forward to your RR for the last several weeks!!   You did it!!  Congrats on your debut!!   And, on top of everything else, you beat your super secret in your heart goal!!  Way to go, Di!!   I'm so happy for you!!  Thanks for sharing your journey and your race experience with us!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats on running a great race!!  Very happy for you, my friend Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Di, I am so glad you had such a wonderful time and exceeded your goals. I somehow knew you were going to do great.

Just B.S.

Great job! Despite your pre-race doubts you rocked it!!

Congrats!