Beginners and Beyond

Frederick Half Marathon RR (aka my first half and how AWESOME it was) (Read 152 times)

RunswithBeer

Congrats. It was a beautiful day. The course was fantastic, especially for HM virgins like us. The hill was tough because of its location on the course but I don't think it was that bad. But I agree about the photographers, can't wait to see those pics.

I had a very similar story as I do not run with others but had a very undertrained but athletic and younger first timer friend join me. I did much better than expected as well. Got crushed by my friend but I couldn't have been happier.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your race and that you did well.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm so happy for you, Diana!  You were amazing!!!!  Smile

Running is dumb.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Yayy Di!!!  So happy for you, hon!  Cool

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks, guys!!

Congrats. It was a beautiful day. The course was fantastic, especially for HM virgins like us. The hill was tough because of its location on the course but I don't think it was that bad. But I agree about the photographers, can't wait to see those pics.

I had a very similar story as I do not run with others but had a very undertrained but athletic and younger first timer friend join me. I did much better than expected as well. Got crushed by my friend but I couldn't have been happier.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your race and that you did well.

So, when do we get a RR from you? =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your half, Di!  Way to beat the hill towards the end!  Yeah, some RDs have a mean streak, laying out a course like that. Wink  You did great!  Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Fantastic! Way to pull though, even with the hill at the end you still beat your goal, congrats!!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Great weather, great company, and you beat McMillan (ALWAYS a worthy goal.)  Big grin

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

never run

Nice Job cutbutter.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Nice Job cutbutter.

What did you call me, kitty??  *mean face*   LOL

RunswithBeer

Thanks, guys!!

So, when do we get a RR from you? =)

I was up in the air about doing one since I mostly lurk around here but since you requested, I just finished.

LRB

Look at you bringing out all the heavy hitters!  I don't know if I should be more impressed with that or your race lol!

Congrats on a result that has been a long time in the making!

Congrats Di!

I remember when you didn't think you could ever run that far, and now you trained for it, ran it, had a great time, and signed up for another.  Awesome!

Zoe NYC

Congratulations on a great first half, and on surpassing your secret goal!

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks, guys!