Beginners and Beyond

It Ain't Easy When Everyone's Trying to Get Through These MONDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Hey.

I enjoyed some extra sleep this morning.

Weights, ab work, push-ups, and cardio after work tonight.

I'm off to caffeinate. I have to fool the world into believing that I feel civilized.

LRB

'Sup!

My ass is dragging as well, for no other reason than I could not get my stupid brain to shut off last night.

As it is, I have 30 minutes before my day starts to try to get some sort of strength work in, or today will be a complete off day.

Good morning!

Easy run after work, where a coffee and bagel shall be obtained.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  First day back in the office after vacation.  You know how that goes.  YAY ME.

A not insignificant snowstorm will be hitting today, which means it's looking like a treadmill day for me.

<3

SRD.

Fortunately I only have about a 15 min commute. Because I drove all the way to work today before realizing I forgot my briefcase. Which has my computer, without which I can't really do anything at work. So had no choice but to turn around & drive back home to get it, & drive back to work. I had actually remembered to bring my travel mug full of coffee, and my lunch. So at least I had my priorities straight.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Macarize: to declare to be happy or blessed

Which I bet the Seattle Seahawks and their fans are doing today!    Yeah, baby, go Seahawks!  Big Dancing Banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Rest day for me today.  Did Race #8 for the year on Sunday morning. Report and photos here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/87521f956b234a34a91682291e06e233/resume#focus

Rest day for Gail today too.  She started back to Yoga on Saturday and did a session on Saturday and one on Sunday.   She does Bikram Yoga - the hot yoga for 90 minutes in a 105-degree room - so she is a bit sore today, after a layoff of a few months.

Always nice to get some extra sleep, Basya.  Good luck with caffeinating, and enjoy your workout today.

Good luck getting the strenghth workout in, LRB.

Happy running, Jay!

Yay, you, Phil!  Good luck with 'catch-up' at the office today!   Good luck with the weather, too!

Glad your commute was short, DaveP.    Maybe you should start putting your empty coffee mug on top of your briefcase right before you go to bed at night...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some miles tonight if allowed.  The pre-op appointment is today and I am not sure what they will do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I was able to get some strength and core work in the time I had remaining, which is a credit to my new found perspective on that aspect of my training because in the past today would have otherwise been an off day.

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, and in need of coffee or ... something. Started the morning with a screamfest at DS over little stuff (deciding he was hungry the minute we needed to leave, rolling his eyes and being disrespectful, constantly making up songs full of bathroom humor and rude words) - bad mom - and wished the kyukido was in the mornings because I felt like beating the crap out of something for no good reason. The good thing is that I have no appointments today other than a long to-do list at home: clean the kitchen, vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, fold laundry, pay bills ...

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning.

More work going on at home. I got to the gym/work late so my 8 mile run turned in to a 5 mile run. I'm going to leave work early and go back to the house to work on it some more. I need to get it ready to sell. Have a good day!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I almost didn't get up this morning, I tried thinking of some excuses to either make today an unplanned rest day or wait until this afternoon. I was sore, really sore - especially my quads and butt muscles. I ended up dragging my butt out of bed at 5:05 AM, Rocky and I got out on the roads and I seriously considered 1 mile and done, then it was 3 miles, then I figured 5 miles was better than nothing. Rocky and I ended up pushing for the 6, at a slow recovery pace. Got it done and out of the way, I am definitely feeling yesterday's 15 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys...back to life here!  That was one of the worst colds I've ever had.  Basically, if I wasn't doing work I was sleeping or slowly rocking in the fetal position and staring at my knees lol.  I still have a loose cough at times, but it's nothing more than that now.  I missed 7 full days of running, and then have been trying to get some runs in for the last few days.  Unfortunately, none of it has been quality work, but at least the miles are starting to come back.

I'm meeting a friend to run later this evening (I think she's doing 6 w/8x45sec hills), and I'll run about 6 on my own before we head out.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD. Lots of snow here but I still have work. Cousin's wife is back on life support again Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

SRD. Lots of snow here but I still have work. Cousin's wife is back on life support again Sad

Boo.  Was there any change from yesterday?  Or maybe it's a prelude to the surgery?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sad I second D's feelings and question... what was the reason for putting her back on life support Kristin?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)