Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 49 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.  (OP, OP, hail the OP).

LRB

Supp!

Just killing time waiting on football.....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have not run in two days.  No pain or anything; just didn't want to.  I ran every day through Thursday so some time off after Chicago will do me good.  Run with hubby tonight.

LRB, enjoy the game.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  Stayed up a little late watching the Red Sox last night.  Looks like today will be chores, errands, and maybe a run.  I am sure some football viewing will be involved as well.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10 miles this morning for me, first 4 miles included a pack of coyotes as background music, I rather enjoyed it though only as long as they stay in the distance. Hopefully there is Denny's in our near future this morning for breakfast, I am hungry.

I am not watching any games, but to those that are, have fun and enjoy Smile those who are running or doing other activities, have fun Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

hog4life

Good luck to the racers!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, everybody, and happy Sunday!

Quick post - Ran the 4 Bridges Half Marathon in Downtown, Chattanooga this morning. Unofficial time - 1:55:24 net. Will report more later, including the official time. It's a PR in any case, being about 2 minutes faster than my previous HM.

I'm happy with that! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy the football.

Damaris, enjoy your well-earned rest.

Phill, have fun doing whatever you do.

FreeSoul87, terrific ten.

Hey, there, Mitch!

Tom, congratulations on your PR!

I'm feeling a little better. I'm at about sixty percent:/ I didn't race this morning. I just rinse my nose and breathed the steam from boiled eucalyptus leaves. I'm about to have a coffee and head out for a few sluggish miles.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Dailies folks!!

YAY RunTomRun! Congrats!!!!!

Just got back from 9:00am yoga class. I am going to go for a run later. I was maybe going to go right after but I was STARVING (which is actually a big deal for me since I haven't had much of an appetite lately with all my tummy troubles) so I chose to eat breakfast and will run after I digest. I have no plans for the day except catching up on a lot of housework type things and running a few errands so I can run whenever I want (I so rarely get to say that!)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi dailies:

Rick - yay football, trying to whip my fantasy team into shape...

D - have a good run with Mr. D tonight

Baboon - Red Sox! Victorino!

Free - good early 10 with the coyotes

Hog - 'morning

Tom - congrats on the PR

Baysa - yuck, hope you continue to improve

I caught up on some needed sleep this morning instead of driving far to a 5K.  LR in a bit and football.  Maybe brewing a dark IPA.

Zelanie

Tom, congrats!

Way to go Tom.  That is a huge improvement - looking forward to the RR.

Go Sox!!!

Apparently I underestimated myself.  I had predicted 40 minutes for this morning's trail 5k, balancing the ~53 minute 3.5 mile trail races from the summer with last weekend's ~31 minute road 5k.  Actual time 33:35.  I think maybe it's that I feel like I shouldn't be improving, since I fell off the training plan wagon, but at this point it appears just getting the miles in is still enough.  Not that I'm known for being hard on myself or anything.  Joking

Spending the rest of the day with the MIL - with maybe a little yard work thrown in.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats Tom!

BasyaSpiliakos - boiled eucalyptus leaves............. what does that smell like? Coffee is nice, though this afternoon I might make some minty tea, it just feels like one of those crisp sunny days Smile

Sleep is good, real good when you get to sleep in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Rick - Morning! The Motor Cities Kitties have their work cut out for them today.

DR - Time off is good.

Baboon - Looks like the Sox pulled it out. They look like a solid team.

FS - Mmmm, Denny's. It's been ages since I've been to one, but now I want to head over there. Smile

Tom - Great job on the PR for your HM!

Basya - Hopefully you get back to 100% soon.

Jay - Sleep instead of a 5k? What is this?! Btw it sounds like the Bills/Dolphins game should be a goond one.

Granite - Nice job!

I needed to come in to do some work today. So I packed my clothes and ran at the company gym. Good thing too because it's a rain/snow mix with 12 mph winds out of the North. Not fun. I did 6 Easy miles on the TM. Got to watch a lot of the Sunday Football Countdown on ESPN. Currently biding my time until a couple of our servers come back up. Once I finish this I might stop over at the hospital. My 95 year old Grandpa was admitted a couple of days ago and they've finally determined that he had a heart attack. They said that they won't do any extensive testing because of his age, and his next one will likely be his last.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

delicate flower

Quick post - Ran the 4 Bridges Half Marathon in Downtown, Chattanooga this morning. Unofficial time - 1:55:24 net. Will report more later, including the official time. It's a PR in any case, being about 2 minutes faster than my previous HM.

I'm happy with that! Smile

Rock n roll.

<3