Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday is the new FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

'Sup.

7 miles on tap for me this morning and then my last day of work until Monday.

What are your plans for the day and/or holiday weekend?

Mornin'!

Super busy day on tap... literally Smile

Tomorrow, Turkey Trot, then food and football.   Who else is racing before the Bird?

delicate flower

Hello there, my little gobblers!

No turkey race for me for obvious reasons obv obv.  Speaking of which, I did a real easy four mile jog after work yesterday and it felt great.  I enjoyed it very much.  More of the same planned today, though it'll be done on a treadmill.

I'm working Friday...way too busy to take the day off and a couple of major projects to work on.  Right now though I've got a five shot Americano in front of me, so it'll be a productive morning.

Edit:  Not sure why that dancing turkey feels the need to go throwing around the middle fingers.  That's not very Thanksgiving-like.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

What up buttercups?

Did 5 easy miles last night, felt great.  Few easy miles today in the rain, with some strides to loosen up for the Drumstick Dash 5k tomorrow.  No idea what to expect, just gonna run it hard and see what happens.  I do it mainly because it's for a good cause, it supports the local homeless shelter and it's their main fundraiser, they're able to raise most of the money they need for the entire year from this one race.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and heavy weights. Maybe a run since the government is letting hs go an hour early.

We open Friday but I took it off as vacation.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning! SRD today and no work for me today or Friday. Kid is off from school, we've been awake for all of 15 minutes and I'm about to explode already. I think the only time I actually enjoyed having a kid was when she was around 2, it's been all downhill from there!

StepbyStep-SH

Just over 4 easy miles with the group this morning.

Today I will work a few hours and get ready for packing a ton of food to my FIL's farm this weekend. He provides the place, we "kids" do the cooking (well, my BIL and SIL do most of it, but I try to contribute). Baking a pie and cookies for DS & I today (gluten free), and cutting up about 6 lbs of celery, carrots and bell peppers to fool myself into snacking on something healthy over the next three days. Probably baking banana muffins, too, to go with the pumpkin bread I made yesterday. Thanksgiving is a weekend-long event for DH's family, hanging out at the farm that has been in the family for 5 (6?) generations, eating, drinking wine, eating some more, and doing whatever little chores my FIL has been waiting for help with. I will also enjoy some new scenery for running, which is a nice change.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yo.

Approx 4 minutes of light jogging on the treadmill at the PT office this morning. It was OK I guess. I started to feel a tiny little twinge in the knee near the end, and it felt a wee bit tender when she was pressing on it afterwards. So, better I guess but not 100%. The road to recovery continues.

Maybe a swim this afternoon if I can sneak out of work early. I'm pretty sure it will be a graveyard here this afternoon.

Dave

From the Internet.

Just kidding about the SRD - did a mile for the sake of getting my streak on early. This is now day 9!

workinprogress11

SRD. 6 miles yesterday. I forgot to post that yesterday. I suck at dailies.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 8.2 miles out on the trails this morning, preparing for DH's family Thanksgiving Dinner tonight. It was 20-25 degrees during the run, kind of wished I had worn my tights instead of capris but got home and took a hot shower afterwards. Rocky, of course, loved the run this morning.

Looking at my log, I am currently at 3,584.8 miles since I began running/logging on RW's training log. That means I am ONLY 415.2 miles away from 4,000.... sadly I don't think I can get mileage in by the end of this year. Oh well 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

I've been away from the forums for a couple of days as I've been busy getting ready to host my family for T-giving, who starts arriving today.  Always a good excuse to clean the house and get the yard in order.

Tomorrow morning i have my annual food-drive/5 mile turkey trot.  It's a race, albeit extremely low key.  There's no official timing.  They hand out numbered popsicle sticks to the top 50 finishers and post the results in the park.  I'm going to use it as a final tune-up race before CIM.  The route is too hilly to use as a time predictor, but I'll feel good if I can beat my time from last year.

Hope everyone has a great T-Day holiday!

Life is good.

B-Plus

Srd. You people take too many days off just to eat a turkey.

Zelanie

Morning!  I had a great run yesterday, which was perfect since I had been struggling so much last week.  It was in the upper 70s and dry, so nice!  My parents live by two parks, one with a manmade lake, tons of birds, and families and kids out feeding the ducks.  The other is a nice big city park with water and bathrooms.  There's even a path connecting the two.  So I planned for 6 but was having too much fun and ended up running 8.  Two miles closer to the pace bunny.

Today I am making cake and hoping to sneak in 6 this afternoon.  When it will be close to 90!   Looking forward to it, maybe stupidly but it's been crappy weather in Oregon.  My sister and I are doing a turkey trot tomorrow, but I am hoping that racing has nothing to do with it.

B+ - You forget about the SHOPPING!

Lauren- I have found that the rough patches last until I start feeling like I have no idea how I can go on any more, and then suddenly I'll look back and realize that things have gotten much better.  Hopefully this means you're about to get to a fun part again. Smile

Dave- Sounds like progress.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't know how you cold weather people do it. Today I ran 6.3 miles in 27 degrees. I wore socks on my hands and that helped, but my legs never felt fully warmed up. Now it is a balmy 37 and we are off for more hiking.

have fun racing, racers.