Beginners and Beyond

The weekend between Penguins (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

The weekend between Christmas and New years is always strange. I can never keep the days straight.

Oh well, whatever the day is I did 5 cold miles.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 8 miles tonight.  Groin is still a problem but working around it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

4.1 miles for me this morning.  Just registered for a spring HM so I need to get busy now.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Hey y'all.

4.1 miles for me this morning.  Just registered for a spring HM so I need to get busy now.

Whoop whoop!!

I did 20.5 yesterday with Bella, today is a RD. Will be traveling tmrw to Arkansas to visit FIL.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Bella: great run! It was nice of you to slow down for hog so you wouldn't leave him in your dust.

Hog: are you training for a marathon?

5.75 miles in 44 degrees for me. It was chilly but very refreshing.

Tonight we are going to a local brewery to eat and drink. Mostly drink.

obiebyke

Is RA acting funny for anyone else? Anyhoo, congrats Robert on the goal race! I love that distance.

I'll be going out for roundabout 3 miles at some point today. We had snow!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.5 miles this morning, all hills, and it rained on me too! I am using my phone to reply so it took me forever to type this as i m a one finger texter,lol. One reason i do not text much!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Jack, sort of. I was planning to do Little Rock on March 1. My son and GF are having a baby that's due March 5, so I don't really need to be out of town. But, there's one the weekend before, on Feb 22 that I'm hoping I can sneak in. This one is only 1 hour away, so if the baby comes early, I'll be close.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We got our 10 mile "LR" done. Really warm out today and wore shorts.  Finally got to see/use the pOp that Cook County FP installed at my request.  SWEET  !!!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

12.1 for me this morning.  I had planned 17, but got a really late start this morning, because party at my house last night...

Hey!  I'm on Team One.  I know Jack & sapf are, too, anyone else?

Damaris, have a good run tonight; hope the groin doesn't give you any trouble.

Robert, great job getting busy!

Jack, sounds like a fun night!

Mitch, wow, 20.5, looks like you are ready for whatever marathon you decide on.

Scotty & Obie & Jerry & PAD - it's funny to read about everyone's different weather, from rain to snow to warm to cold!  Hope you all enjoyed your runs.

Ginny, I'd love to hear how your new watch works out.  I'm unhappy with the battery life of my FR10, too.  It was at 0 bars last week at the end of my 16.5. Sad  Maybe if I didn't run so dang slow.

Oh, and congrats on the PoP Jerry!  It took me a second read to figure out what you were talking about.  Nice that your input got results.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Whoop whoop!!

I did 20.5 yesterday with Bella, today is a RD. Will be traveling tmrw to Arkansas to visit FIL.

Y'all be careful on the road.  Did you get the wristband info?

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hiya!

Heading out the door for a slow 6. Sunny but a brisk 30°...Just right.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

tracilynn

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

My new pjs!  Sorry the pic is ginormous.  On the way to take our BIRTHDAY boy to see "big hero 6"   And he is 6 too.

~~~~~~~

Traci