Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Who Knew, or Better Yet, Who Cares? (Read 60 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB love it! I think I'm going to try that at Wendy's!

So I had a little problem turning off the Mets game that went into extra innings last night. It apparently ended at 4am (my alarm was going off to run at 4:50), thankfully  I didn't stay up for all 16 innings, but I did stay up WAY too late and overslept my alarm. Oversleeping my runs has happened too many times lately Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Up early to get some intervals done because I don't have my car to get to the track later. If I wait until the afternoon, the running path will be an obstacle course.

We are from Boston so get to see a Sox game also. We are already talking about coming back

It's always fun to see your team on the road!

You forgot the corollary to the first one you posted.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, and here I always got my dog to lick off the pencil marks I made on the wall when I was little... Wink

Fun stuff, LRB!

I am a 'bachelor" for the rest of the week, dropped Gail off at the airport this morning, she will be in Indianapolis for a Scentsy business conference all week.  On Wednesday, she will be participating in a 5K the company is putting on.  From what the Weather Channel reports, it is predicted to rain like a big dog that morning, so good luck  to her with that!

I plan to run after work.  But not until 5 pm.   4 pm. is when I get off work, but the temp at that time is predicted to be 98 with a heat index of 101.  So I will wait until 5 pm. when the temp is supposed to drop to 95 and the heat index will only be 98.  Al least the humidity/dewpoint will be low at 52%/68, so that should help make it feel a little better out there.

Sorry you overslept, Kristin.  Hopefully, your team won.

Hope your intervals went well, B-Plus.  Why is the running path an obstacle in the afternoon?  Seems like less people would be out running when it's warmer.

By the way.....

Happy July 9th.  Today's holiday is 'National Sugar Cookie Day"!   Funny, I've never liked sugar cookies. My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and fig newtons.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Or, referencing the second one...someone stole your running shoes.   Cry

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

When So I'm A Runner comes around today, find out what size shoe he wears.  I have a pair of  Kayano 15s, size 9.5., that I was given to test - and they were SO not right for me.   So, with only about 30 miles on them, they are sitting on the shelf gathering dust, practically brand new.  I saw that he wears Kayanos.   Someone might as well get some use out of them.    By the wae, per last night's  conversation on New Balance.  I wear ASICS Nimbus now.  I used to wear NB shoes, but they thoroughly pissed me off after they screwed up my beloved NB 992s way back when, and I have not gone back to NB since they have never made a shoe that's been right for my foot since they screwed up my 992s. They came out with the 993 to replace the 992 and said it was pretty much the same shoe as the 992.  It was not, they LIED.  The 992 accommodated quite a variety of foot types and was one of their most popular models EVER.  The 993 does not even come close to the 992!    I think they should bring the original 992 - or the 999, which was also a great shoe for me - back as a 'classic' shoe.  Darn shoe companies, just can't leave well enough alone when they got a good thing going.  So the heck with NB.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Already in Broward for a busy day of court.  7 miles with fartleks tonight.  The day would have gone better if Hershey had not cried until 2am.  Silly boy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dr. Cornsitter

I'm never running again.

Alright, fine. I'll run. Just not today.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Going to sneak in 3 today. Another day of meetings. Roll eyes I might actually get a little work done tomorrow. The RP opted for the TM yesterday because of the heat/humidity, but she got the run in. She wants to try for outside tomorrow.

Have a good one!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm never running again.

Oh, you'll run again, young lady.  We will motivate you!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

lol

You forgot the corollary to the first one you posted.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yes, scotty, after 16 innings the Mets won Smile

Docket_Rocket

Cornsitting is getting too much?

Seriously, anything wrong?

I'm never running again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page