Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! (Read 38 times)

LRB

And good F'n riddance!  

LRB

What up doe peeps!

Hopefully February will bring normal weather.  

I have a tough set of VO2 max intervals on the schedule today but yep, you guessed it, it snowed overnight and the forecast is calling for more snow!  lol

It's cool, I will just do whatever the surface allows but later for that, right now it is time to get my zing on.  Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee!

No kidding, thank goodness January is over!

Now for February ..........freezing rain on tap this morniNG with a wintry mix later.......so I'm going for 5 miles or so in the treadmill.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ok I'm having a dilemma. Last week I ran 8.3 miles. I wanted to do a short outdoor run today (temperatures are up to the mid 30s! Great running weather!) but I realized I already did 5.25 this week and have a 4 mile "race" (not "racing" don't worry I will do my recovery paced run/walk intervals and take it easy) tomorrow. That puts me at 9.25 for the week. Just over 10% already. Should I skip the run today? Also a bit congested. But I wanna run!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning peeps. Feb seems to be picking right back up where Jan left off, and at less than 1 day old is already mocking us.

A little snow overnight, then shortly expecting to get 1. A major dumping of snow, and 2. Later turning into freezing rain. Goal was to get out at least before 1, and definitely before 2. Unfortunately I had some insomnia last night & was up for a few hours; finally got back to sleep around 5, and then just got back up around 7:30. That would've been the time to go, right away, but I was still way too groggy. Anyway -  breakfast & coffee, then try to find the motivation (a quantity in short supply these days) to get out there. Ugh - as I write, it is starting to come down. As a wise man once said: fuckity fuck.

Have a good day y'all.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I agree, January, get the fuck out!

SRD or 4 miles.  We'll see how much time I have today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

What crappy damn conditions out here.  I will be lucky to run at easy pace in this crap, dammit!

So frustrating.  Oh, well, guess I will just make the best of it.

StepbyStep-SH

5.37 slow miles in circles around the neighborhood. Had planned on more, but my legs are feeling pretty dead. Hoping I didn't overdo it this week when I should have been recovering more.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

SRD for me after that HUGE 3.5 miles yesterday. Actually, 3.5 felt huge, whereas 4 or so months ago, I was reluctant to run that short a distance.

I think I'll stick with the s-l-o-w progress plan - the body will thank me.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Ok I'm having a dilemma. Last week I ran 8.3 miles. I wanted to do a short outdoor run today (temperatures are up to the mid 30s! Great running weather!) but I realized I already did 5.25 this week and have a 4 mile "race" (not "racing" don't worry I will do my recovery paced run/walk intervals and take it easy) tomorrow. That puts me at 9.25 for the week. Just over 10% already. Should I skip the run today? Also a bit congested. But I wanna run!

IMO: Don't worry about it. It's just a guideline and can be ignored in your case because you've already trained to run this type of distance last year. The 10% rule is a little wonky at single digits because you're not even increasing 1 mile a week.

AFM, 14 mile LR later on the TM.

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Going to head over the golf course/park for my long run as soon as coffee has been appropriately ingested.  It's 32 degrees out there which feels positively frigid after all the weird warmth we've been having.  Finally, I get to pull out my running tights and a long sleeve shirt.

Life is good.

happylily

Another rest day. Surely I'm dying, but I won't complain. What really adds insult to injury is that I have lost complete sense of taste and I cannot even enjoy eating comfort food. Damn it. I've also lost my voice. SO is a happy man.

May you all have a better day than mine! Take care of yourselves, stay healthy!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Another rest day. Surely I'm dying, but I won't complain. What really adds insult to injury is that I have lost complete sense of taste and I cannot even enjoy eating comfort food. Damn it. I've also lost my voice. SO is a happy man.

May you all have a better day than mine! Take care of yourselves, stay healthy!

From the symptoms you have described over the last few days this is exactly what I had.

5-6 days of feeling like you want to curl up in a ball and cry and another 6-7 days until you

will feel normal again.

Just letting you know what to expect Smile  Sorry.

Just B.S.

All I have to say today is: trail hiking then easy run then 60 minutes spin bike AND

in honor of getting all the way up to a toasty layer reducing 30f today I thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUH40ZEYZo

happylily

From the symptoms you have described over the last few days this is exactly what I had.

5-6 days of feeling like you want to curl up in a ball and cry and another 6-7 days until you

will feel normal again.

Just letting you know what to expect Smile  Sorry.

I'm still in the curl up and cry phase, apparently.  But I should be feeling a tad better by Monday, it will have been 6 days. I think I will skip the speedwork next week and just run easy. Thanks, Beth. Did you exercise at all while you were sick? I feel guilty that I am not at least running some recovery miles...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010