Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

To close your eyes and take a deep breath, the weekend is almost here.

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, that is so darned cuteSmile

I'll be at the gym to do a 6.0-mile tempo run on the TM, at 6.8mph (8:49). I also have to do my ab work at some point.

@runjerseygirl

Yoga today.  But first things first.

And shout out to scrape. for sticking to his New Years resolution this long.  Nice job, my friend. Cool

Do you even run?

flarunner

Morning everyone.

10 miles in 93% humidity this morning. Winter? Nah, not here. Roll eyes

Have a good workout and day everyone! Especially you cool cats.

delicate flower

HABANERO MACARENA EVERYBODY!  What say ye.

Not too much to report here.  I worked a little late last night.  DW had to clean up after a sick dog since I got home late.  Poor wife and poor dog.

I am happy to report that I am walking limp free now (once I get going), which makes me think maybe the knee damage isn't as bad as I originally thought.  *fingers crossed*

<3

flatrunner, great job, especially in those conditions.

Kay, enjoy the yoga. I wish that I were able to work a yoga class into my schedule.

Baboon, I, too, hope that it's not serious.

My tempo run was mildly uncomfortable, but in a very good way. I ended up doing 6.50 miles at 6.8mph (8:49). That's .50 miles than what my plan says to doSmile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kitties and coffee good start. Nothing to report here. Resting completely. I think I overdid the foam roller last night and gave myself pins and needles all down my leg.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, some major rain around San Antonio.  It's been raining nonstop since yesterday,  and this morning it is REALLY coming down, can't even see across the street at times.  Some streets are flooded, lots of roads blocked due to 'high water crossing areas".  I came to work really early - got here at 5 a.m. - so I could take it nice and easy on the drive and not have a lot of traffic around me.

I did run at Fort Sam Houston yesterday after work.  Luckily, the rain was not very heavy at that time (5 PM) but it was consistent enough to get me thoroughly soaked by the time I finished.  Thankfully it was warm (51 degree) and felt even warmer with the 100% humidity we had out there, very 'steamy'!  I did 3.6 miles of hills.   Got back to the gym all soaked and went into the Treadmill Room - nice and warm in there -  to do my post-run stretches and a couple of my running buds in there were doing their runs on the TM and were like "Dang, Scotty, you look like one very wet dog, you really DON'T like running on the TM, do you?"  No, I don't!  I'm the "Postman" runner - rain, snow, cold, warm, cloudy, or shine, it's outside running for me!  Big grin  The only TM running I do is when my doc puts me on it for that 'stress test' thing for my annual physical.  And that only because there are people there medical people there to catch me and treat me immediately  if the room starts spinning around.  Otherwise...hell no! Joking

Today is a running rest day, plan to go do my weight training circuit at the university gym after work.

I chatted with my doc yesterday too and we came to a kind of compromise.  This past year I've been running 5 days a week (Tue-Wed-Thur-Sat-Sun) but will go back to the 4-days-a-week I used to do (Tues-Thurs-Sat-Sun) to give my back a bit more of a rest from the pounding running tends to give it, and then she will not scold me, lol, if I go a bit overboard on doing races.  Works for me!   She wants me to get in the pool a bit more - very good for the back - so I'll turn one of my non-running days into a pool running day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice photo, LRB.

Good luck with that TM run, Basya!

That is SOUP you are drinking, right, Kay?  Cuz coffee is such nasty stuff.... Joking   Happy yoga-ing!

No actual 'real' winter for us here either in San Antonio, flarunner.  100% flippin' humidity yesterday and today and major rain.  Some fun.  Glad I will be off the roads until after 1 pm. when this rain is supposed to end.  Our drivers tend to go a bit nutso around here in bad weather.  It's not even 7 a.m. and our city has already had two major accidents on the highway, which is now partially closed as the emergency crews take care of everything.

Poor doggie, baboon, hope he feels better.  Happy for you that you are not limp anymore.  Joking

Kristin, hope your knee is feeling a bit better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, good morning Dailies!

Baboon - glad to hear that the pain is subsiding. Don't get the idea that you can skip out on the diagnosis though. Knees, as simple as they should be, are a tricky beast as you well know!

Scotty, your rain is moving into this area today! In fact, it's here. Oh, and listen to your Doc!

Me - I might get 3 easy miles in, probably on the treadmill. The FedEx truck has my computer on it and it's slated for delivery today so I have to stick around the house and wait for that. And, UPS is probably going to bring my goods from the Running Warehouse. Not much in that package - a pair of shorts is about it.

Coffee is good this morning, as always! A 50/50 mix of Vienna Blend decaf and Starbucks Medium House Blend, with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon in the basket, freshly ground, milk and a pinch of sugar. Mmmmmm.....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Chairman

9 with 8x100

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

kristin10185, that resting resting takes care of that.

scottydawg, how do you run in a pool?

scrape, excellent job doing intervals.

Good morning dailies.

6 miles easy tonight.

Phil, that's hopeful news about the knee. Continued good luck to you.

@runjerseygirl

Sorry, Scotty.  That's some high octane caffeine in that cup.  Gotta make it through the day somehow. Smile

Do you even run?