Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jedi...nice work on the run. I've never done the TM and outdoor combo. For some reason I think it'd be tough for me. Also, do you just use .25mi as a 400m, or do you have a TM with metric options?

Lrb...the trick with coffee is never trying it. Then, you have no idea if you're missing anything or not.

April...free gloves sound awesome. RW seems to do a good job of making that race a nice experience.

Buchy...hope you get a nice rain run. It's not a personal favorite, but a lot of you folks seem to enjoy it. Thanks for the recovery thoughts.

Kay...Gumby is good. Nice work.

Robert...awesome progress! That's a great feeling to know you can go as far as time allows. Free racing sounds great.

Dto2nd...nice job with the run today. Sometimes those urds are unavoidable.

Basya...Yay for doubles and running with the group!

SHIRFAN....thanks. I feel like maybe I'm just getting too used to running at E pace and need to get the legs moving more. Great job on your run, and enjoy those new hills.

Scotty...great stuff with the pool running. It's not easy for sure. I hope you're able to keep the running up with the troubles you've had.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh thanks April! I want to do the 5 and dime, but I have my first half exactly one week before. Probably shouldn't be racing the next weekend right? Don't I need 13 days of recovery?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Coupled that with caffeine helps the bronchii expand and helps my asthma, I am not a coffee drinker.

I forget where I read this, but I read somewhere that coffee can help running, specifically towards the end of longer distance runs.  Someone in the office has a M.D. in addition to her J.D. and she swears by the general health benefits of coffee.

But, sometimes when I'm not busy for a month or two I like to kick coffee so that when I get busy again, it is SUPER effective.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Actually TM I used has a screen with a track on it and just +/- speed when i hit loop on screen. The w/u and c/d not so bad as I only live 2m from gym. I'm so not a TM runner, but liked doing intervals on it.

Jedi...nice work on the run. I've never done the TM and outdoor combo. For some reason I think it'd be tough for me. Also, do you just use .25mi as a 400m, or do you have a TM with metric options?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Actually TM I used has a screen with a track on it and just +/- speed when i hit loop on screen. The w/u and c/d not so bad as I only live 2m from gym. I'm so not a TM runner, but liked doing intervals on it.

This time of year you can't go wrong with having options! Our track has been snow covered for 2wks and then will be too wet to use for a bit even after it melts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

flarunner

Got my Myrtle on this morning doing 20 reps of each with the red band for the first time.  I will move up to the blue band for the next workout. 

I finished this mornings workout with two sets of single leg squats at 22 reps each.  I did them without shoes this time which is way trickier than doing them with shoes.  I think I will do them that way from here on out. 

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty hippy right now.  Where that Rhino at?

When you get good at that, try them with your eyes closed. Way, way trickier. Wink

Shirfan, nice work with the repeats and the recovery run.

Thanks for explaining how pool running works, scottydawg. That sounds cool.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'm mainly kicking off coffee because it had got where that was all I was drinking at work and not nearly enough water.  The diet coke on the other hand, I saw a picture recently that described it as "cancer in a can".  I don't know if there is any validity to that but it worked mentally (for now).

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hey everyone, sounds like most are having a good hump day!

I am leaving the office right now and going for a workout........maybe 3 miles on the treadmill if ones open.......45 degrees and rain tomorrow and 58 degrees with sun on Friday......not bad for the midwest in January. I am sure the snow and cold is comeing.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

runmomto3boys

SIAR: Those three miles uphill were INSANELY fast.  Don't be disappointed at all.  It was one of those days where it felt harder than it usually does due to being sick, maybe burning yourself out on the hills or maybe just for no reason at all. That happens to me all the time too. You are so insanely fast, though...love watching your training runs and seeing how they are going!

Robert: How awesome is that that you can say that now??? You have come so very far.

Jay: I'm so glad you are adjusting to the new abodes/surroundings.  The hills you are now forced to run are going to make you SUCH a strong runner - and you are already incredible.  That 10 miles was beastly, as usual.  Well done!

Jedi: Great work on the 10 + a PB for 400m intervals.

Kay: I'm glad you finished yoga!

April: So you are doing the hat trick again this year, I assume????

Basya: Doubling?!?!  Oh - I hope #2 goes well!  Have a good one!

13 miles done at 8:44 pace.

Just B.S.

20k in 2:16  on a gorgeous sunny day and a warm 27F!! You  might laugh but 48 hours

ago it was 30F colder than that, so it feels like spring here today.

It was super slow but that's ok,  1,500 feet of gain wearing 3 layers will do that to a girl.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I think you would be ok if you don't try to race the 5k/10k. It's all about knowing your limits.

oh thanks April! I want to do the 5 and dime, but I have my first half exactly one week before. Probably shouldn't be racing the next weekend right? Don't I need 13 days of recovery?

Heidi, ha! No, I likely won't be Hat Tricking again. It was a lot of fun, but I was pretty miserable during the half. 13.1 hilly miles does not make for a good recovery run after a 5k PR by 2 minutes the day before. Big grin

6 hilly miles done. 9:53 average pace WHAAAAAT?? Even though I'm hitting sub 10 paces more often it still feels weird. That has been a huge goal for me since I started running 2.5 years ago so it doesn't feel real to me.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, everybody.  One more day of court before I can relax....for 3 days at least.

4 recovery miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I'm mainly kicking off coffee because it had got where that was all I was drinking at work and not nearly enough water.  The diet coke on the other hand, I saw a picture recently that described it as "cancer in a can".  I don't know if there is any validity to that but it worked mentally (for now).

No I understand and I think it's good to exercise that discipline.  As far as diet pop, I gave it up a few years ago after swearing off all artificial sweeteners.  I was a Splenda fanatic for a dozen years or so, but for the past two years I only use real sugar or I use nothing.

I don't really drink pop but when I do I will have the real deal, Mountain Dew please.

Flo, thanks for the tip.  You're just loaded with goodies!

Jess runs for bacon

True story: I saw April on my run tonight, purely by accident. April, I think it's awesome you're cranking those runs out so fast. You're going to PR in a big way on your next half.

I'm strongly considering the Hat Trick this year. Not sure why. I figure though if I do something crazy like that it's better if I do it only a few minutes from my house.

Run tonight went OK. My knee started to hurt but not badly. The end of the run was a nice steep hill and the girl I was running with kicked it up to an 8:30 pace. I almost made it to the top but that was a little too tough for me, stopped because I was thisclose to puking. Now my knee is really cranky. Argh.