Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Don't make ME do this... (Read 54 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

Go running, because I really don't wanna!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I'll try 6 tonight if my chest does not collapse.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  Vacation continues as MBC and I take an extra day to decompose.  Maybe a run and/or ride later.  I've got a doc appointment and we've got chores to do.  Alrighty now!

<3

LRB - did your leave out a word from that title?

Morning Docket & Baboon.

5.5 this morning. And the pain is back. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. I give up.

Dave

Hip Redux

You know it's a good day when you start off with the pain meds right after breakfast.   Dave, care for some?  I have some of various strength, let me know your poison.

Docket_Rocket

I am waiting for my allergy shot.  Not sure if I should go up in intensity as I had those asthma issues yesterday.  if I do, I will have to increase lightly.  One step forward, two steps back, it seems.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pinktastic

Happy Wednesday, Friends!!

That Geico commercial with the camel goes through my head all day on Wednesdays.   J

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!!   How was your run?

Damaris – Hope your lungs behave for you today!!!

Phil – Welcome back from vacation!!   Pretty smart to leave yourselves a day to unwind and get some chores done before you have to go back to work.   Saw your 5K RR.   Awesome job!!   Will MBC be writing one as well?

Dave P – Damn!!   I thought you were on the road to recovery!   Perhaps you need to see a different doctor???

Oski – Since you’ve started the day with pain meds, I guess you’re not doing better.   Boo!!   Hope the meds help and that you feel better soon!!

I got up early (well early for a work from home day) and took Abby for her walk.   As we were walking I could hear thunder and see lightening, but it wasn’t that close.   By the time we go about 4 houses away from home, the thunder was LOUD and the lightening was very bright – like they were on top of us.   Then the torrential downpour started.   We hurried home and I was thinking that I’d need to take my run to the TM as I didn’t want to run in lightening.    And, then as I was walking upstairs to hit the TM, I thought, hey Dumba$$, if you don’t want to run in lightening, why would you climb onto a big device powered by electricity and taunt the lightening to strike your house?  We ended up losing power twice so far this morning.    So, no running yet for me.   I’d really, really like to be able to squeeze it in later today, but with the cardiology appointment and tons of meetings at work, I just don’t know that it’s going to happen.   :-(

Have a Pinklightful day!!  And, may your next run leave you with a giant sense of accomplishment for the day!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awwww Dave and Oski Sad

Phil enjoy your last day off.

LRB that picture is really cute.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Dave and Oski, boo.

Crap, the lady administering the shots is late.  I hope she gets here quickly as I have court at 930.  I hate people that are late.  Bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7 miles done this morning, wasn't as muggy as it was yesterday, which was nice.  I threw in some strides to try to wake my legs up for my race on Saturday.  First set and they were like, "WTF are you doing?!?!" lol  By the last set they were feeling good and I clipped 5:35.  Felt good to move fast again, I've just been slogging along all summer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is August 14th.  Holidays are Relaxation Day and National Creamsicle Day!

photo relax2_zpsaba5d93f.gif

photo relax_zps95ce5803.gif

relaxing cartoons, relaxing cartoon, relaxing picture, relaxing pictures, relaxing image, relaxing images, relaxing illustration, relaxing illustrations

popsicles cartoons, popsicles cartoon, popsicles picture, popsicles pictures, popsicles image, popsicles images, popsicles illustration, popsicles illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Re the Garmin. I have emailed customer service too. It is irritating. With several dozen looks but no replies I'd say the forum there doesn't know the answer.

LRB loved the list fix since dh did break it. I will also hook it in to have the firm ware reload and see if maybe it is a corrupt file.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh good, relaxation day....I am celebrating by getting a massage at 11:00!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

How was your run?

Ya know, coming off of that craptastic workout at the track yesterday, and one too many glasses of vino last night, I thought it would be a complete dog.

But oddly enough, after trudging through the first couple of miles, I jetted into the third mile @ 8:16 without any change in effort, and my pace kept dropping and dropping.  Meanwhile, I was fighting it back the entire time.  Finally during my last mile, I just went with it and ran my first sub-8:00 easy pace mile.

8:34

8:33

8:16

8:08

8:06

8:06

7:53

I am not sure what was up with that, but it turned out to be a really nice, effortless run.  Really bizarre, especially given my sentiment when I woke up this morning!