uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Color Me Badd circa 1992.   Oh yeah.

Oh my...

Hip Redux

Can anyone top that?  I'm not sure.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

When I was in high school some friends said they would buy my ticket if I drove to the Oingo Boingo concert at the Hollywood Palladium.  I have always loved music though I was no fan of theirs but it was a free concert. We were packed in like sardines close to the front (no seats at the Palladium) and I actually fell asleep standing up. Being packed together so tightly I never fell over and got a decent nap. Yes I had earplugs. Simple Minds were also pretty bad because they stood about like mannequins in bad 80's clothes and haircuts.

Hip Redux

You fell asleep? LOL!

I haven't been to very many concerts, but really, most of them could be in the "what the hell was I thinking?" category.

Paula Abdul

Flaming Lips

Stone Temple Pilots   <---- before they were big, so that was kinda cool

Bush

Lollapalooza 1994 - Smashing Pumpkins, etc.  (don't remember much of this )

Just B.S.

April Wine......yeah baby!!! Canadian Rock Legends! Smile

Except I saw them pretty much the very first year they had an actual "tour".

My city in New Brunswick, July 1970. I was 9 years old. Yup. Smile

My Dad's best friend operated the venue and my older brother, younger sister and I talked him into

letting us in (for free of course) and under adult supervision.

Two that come to mind:

- Sr year of high school, I went on a college visit for a weekend with my future roommate. His cousin worked for the organization that put on the concerts at the big arena there, and was able to get us up-front seats for free. Performing that weekend: Dan Fogelberg. Makes me shudder to think of it. If you don't remember him, consider yourself fortunate. On the bright side: the next time she got me in, my freshman year there, it was for Tom Petty, which was awesome.

- Later in college I saw Whitney Houston. In my defense, it was on a date, and she really wanted to go.

Dave

You fell asleep? LOL!

I haven't been to very many concerts, but really, most of them could be in the "what the hell was I thinking?" category.

Paula Abdul

Flaming Lips

Stone Temple Pilots   <---- before they were big, so that was kinda cool

Bush

Lollapalooza 1994 - Smashing Pumpkins, etc.  (don't remember much of this )

Stick to the topic. Bad concerts only, only one of the above truly qualifies.

Dave

Hip Redux

Stick to the topic. Bad concerts only, only one of the above truly qualifies.

I dunno, Bush wasn't exactly great.   The rest I'll give you.  And STP was a great concert at a beach (lake) in western MA.

Color Me Badd was technically the opening act for Paula.  It was a two-fer!

happylily

April Wine......yeah baby!!! Canadian Rock Legends! Smile

Except I saw them pretty much the very first year they had an actual "tour".

My city in New Brunswick, July 1970. I was 9 years old. Yup. Smile

My Dad's best friend operated the venue and my older brother, younger sister and I talked him into

letting us in (for free of course) and under adult supervision.

But was it your worst concert, Beth? April Wine was pretty mainstream rock at the time. Nothing too embarrassing there for people our age.

I don't know if I would qualify this concert as the "worst" (I think listening to Bob Dylan mutter monotone words for two hours was it. He broke my heart that night), but the Bee Gees certainly were one of the biggest embarrassments of my life.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRS

Chasing Muses

Only a worst because it was least-best. In 92ish I was 15 and went with a friend to see Living Color (Cult of Personality) at a small local university. Towards the end of the show the drummer threw a towel and I caught it (in retrospect, eww) but some dude punched me in the gut and grabbed it out of my hand. Might have done me a favor as sweaty towel < telling this dumb story 6,000,000 times in the past 22 years.

I don't know if I would qualify this concert as the "worst" (I think listening to Bob Dylan mutter monotone words for two hours was it. He broke my heart that night)

I have to agree - can't put it on the list because he's, you know, Bob Dylan, but I am a big fan & thought he was abysmal in concert.

Dave

Hip Redux

Only a worst because it was least-best. In 92ish I was 15 and went with a friend to see Living Color (Cult of Personality) at a small local university. Towards the end of the show the drummer threw a towel and I caught it (in retrospect, eww) but some dude punched me in the gut and grabbed it out of my hand. Might have done me a favor as sweaty towel < telling this dumb story 6,000,000 times in the past 22 years.

Well I chuckled, so I'd say it was worth it.

Lil - I also chuckled at the Bee Gees.  I'm sorry lol

I  had to reach for a bad one... most were really good.

Mustard Plug (a ska band) came here on a snowy night, and maybe 20 people showed up.  The band wasn't bad, but it was kind of like watching a rehearsal, since the venue wasn't especially small.

Birdwell

Worst show I ever saw was Counting Crows, followed closely by Smash Mouth.

Adam Duritz was so drunk (or stoned) he tripped three times walking onto the stage at the start of the show. Everything was mumbled. Energy was horrible. I fell asleep during it. Luckily it was a tour with Live playing next so that was pretty cool.

Smash Mouth was awful. Again, lead singer was drunk (or stoned) off his rocker. Couldn't put two words together coherently.

I got pretty jaded on concerts from any newer bands. I have some minor hearing issues as it is and when the sound quality sucks I don't enjoy myself.

oski has been to some pretty cool shows.

Best concerts I've ever been to?

Bon Jovi- One Wild Night tour, USA kickoff show in Phoenix that was broadcast live on VH1. Bon-freaking-Jovi. what more could I say?

Allison Krauss and Union Station- fantastic show, great performers, a perfect performance in every way from sound quality to set design to even starting on time.

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers - best band to see at a dive bar ever.